1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if The Purge was Real?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't seen that film. It would take a while to sink in, so might be vulnerable for the first 15 - 30 mins. I'd be thinking... have I died and went to heaven?

Maybe I could resist and bide my time. But we're talking about an interesting experience. Let's just say I'm an artist and I could create some masterpieces. It's okay if I get killed in the process. My personal code is more important. My only question would be; quality or quantity?

It would only involve truly terrible people like rapists. I might hack their legs off and leave them to die listening to Nickelback. I'd be tempted to take my camera. It would be the best holiday slideshow EVER.

2. JooBooGoo

The only way I would participate, is I would buy/steal a bunch of guns (and I'm pretty pro gun-control) and defend my house.

3. MrBrightside

I have plenty of people id love to kill. People i know have done awful things, but get away with them. Sadly ive got to behave and let karma take care of shix.

4. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Do you get "special occasion" weapons or would you have to steal them?

(because everyone just assumes having weapons)

Well you can also kill people with a kitchen knife but...

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

That was largely dark sarcasm, because I know you wouldn't just sit around and do nothing, or be useless in your actions. I also found the idea of a Batman-like figure striking fear into the hearts of people, but also willing to serial hug, as amusing, because it challenges the idea of a vigilante. You like challenges, so it made sense, in a bizarre sort of way.

It wouldn't be easy to just pillage a store or take out the government on that day. I suspect their level of security is very high, higher than it would be normally. Sure, you could pillage a place to rob it... but you aren't the only one with that idea. The government? Good luck. They're the ones that allowed the scenario to happen, do you think they'd let themselves be taken advantage of? No, that's the citizens. I suspect power would be lost, unless you had a back up generator, due to all the property damage, so it wouldn't be just a settle in and be cozy situation.

Honestly, if you were going to rob a store, the best time to do it would be the day before The Purge. Work the night shift, smuggle it out, and then claim it was lost in the events that followed. This allows you to be safe, but also have an alibi, as well as the various products. You can avoid the rabid pillaging, as well as possibly being hurt or killed, by thinking ahead of and working around this.

6. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What if the most laughably impossible and stupid dystopian future movie were real? Well, I defer to The Nostalgia Critic on this one...

But in the HIGHLY unlikely event that this was a thing? I'd grab my girlfriend and we'd move out of the country, why the f:***:k would anyone stay? :confused:

#46 Nekoko, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  7. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't seen the movie, but the impression I got from trailers was that it's like a more anarchic version of the January Sales (except that the stores and in this case potential crime victims, would not be encouraging you to participate I would think, unless they're after insurance money). In which case my reaction would probably be much the same: "Ooh interesting, there's a few things I've been wanting to do this might be my oppourtunity to..." then I remember all the dicks that managed to end up on the news last year. "Oh no fucking way, I don't want to be dealing with that I'm staying well away!"

I suppose in theory if you had a safe or defended place away from the bulk of the violence, with electricity and an internet connection, then one or more of the group could be the designated hacker. Plans could be made in advance to set up the relevant off-shore accounts and such, and the individuals spend the rest of the year honing their skills (without actually doing anything illegal) until the day arrives. At which point they use those 12 hours to get online and target major financial institutions, corporation accounts etc, and transfer as much as they successfully can within the time limit. Of course these organisations will have amped up their security closer to the time so therein lies the challenge. There would have to be an agreement in advance amongst the group as to how these funds would then be accessed and distributed, so that they can't start killing each other off within the 12 hours in order to increase their share. However I very much doubt any government would include online crime during the event or indeed any crime that could potentially affect themselves and their own investments.

8. Rainbows~Exist

I'd either hide and stay at home or if I was feeling adventurous, I'd go and rob me some money 'cause I'm broke :/

9. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unless I missed something in reading all the posts, am I the only one who just realized that it would be four days from now? In the movies purge night is on March 21 if I remember correctly

Good timing for the thread

10. YunoGasai

damn you autocorrect

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You had me until you were talking about taking over the country and rewriting the constitution. Just because it's legal doesn't mean it would be easy. Not to mention specifying protection for LGBT isn't "equality for everyone" but that's for another discussion hehe.

That would be a sweet idea though. In the little bit of time where anything goes, a group manages to take over the government and they can't be tried for treason.

12. The Wallflower

Move to Europe.

13. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would run far far away and hide. I wouldn't want to do anything bad to anyone and honestly I don't think I would survive if I planted myself in the middle of the chaos.

14. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everybody's out killing, and leaving all this FREE STUFF BEHIND!!

I am definitely building a fort entirely made of candy I stole, and binge-watching stolen anime on a stolen King-sized sleep number bed.

And then Imma go and cry myself to sleep by my other bed MADE OF $MONEY$ FROM THE BANK I ROBBED!

What's the money for? Tuition for a hella good film school, naturally.

15. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Put a sentry gun on top of my house and relax.

16. HugasaurusRex

Well I would die within the first 5 minutes of it starting I think...I would guess I have somehow annoyed more than enough people by being the overly flamboyant me I am! :grin: I love it!

And kiss them damn good! :roflmao:

17. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first inclination would be to spend practicing my shooting and (currently void) martial arts skills, and then either:

1. Comb the streets on "The Day," slaying any violent aggressors I find.
    or
    2. Stay the hell away from humanity during the week of "The Day," then spend the rest of my year finding and brutally slaughtering anyone I find that engaged in aggresive violent acts on "The Day." (just not sure how I would go about finding them).

18. antibinary

I'd hack into the CIA, NSA, GCHQ, EA and a few other organisations that I don't like computers and fill their databases with random stuff and their websites with slander.

19. Decandyman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If the purge was real then it would give me justification to set up an Australian mafia...from now on I shall be called Don Candy and I will speak with my hands in a over the top Italian accent.

And I shall go on killing people singing this song:

What's-a matter you? Hey!
    Gotta no respect.
    What-a you t'ink you do?
    Why you look-a so sad?
    It's-a not so bad,
    it's-a nice-a place.
    Ah, shaddap-a you face!

#59 Decandyman, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
  20. MORTAL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The notion that for 12 hours once a year, every crime be permissible and anyone involved be exempt from prosecution is deplorable and idiotic. But, hypothetically speaking—if it were a reality—I would avoid all unnecessary contact and find a reliable haven for my family and I to wait it out.