1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I get this Nicki Minaj shirt?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ilovesg, Jul 2, 2015.

1. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't know if links work on here but it's the one at Tillys with Nicki in front of an American flag. I really want it but I'm scared my mom will get mad at me because she's in her bra and underwear lol I'm scared she'll say it's innaproriate. I'm 18 and have my own money so it shouldn't be a problem but my mom does my laundry and eventually shed see it and get mad. I told my mom I wanted to get Kim Kardashians selfie book and my mom said it had innapropriate pictures in it so I never got it. I don't know if buying these things would be awkward :/

2. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say no.. and no to the Kim Kardashian selfie book. And probably no to everything else you want as well. Bad person.

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you really want it, I'd say go for it! :icon_bigg

However, you need to take your mom's reaction into consideration. She might not be pleased with the idea. If you think it's worth the risk, then go for it. If you fear her reaction too much, and might regret upsetting her, then you shouldn't buy it. =)

4. Gen

Gen

There is a difference between buying things with your money and buying things with a parent's. She might not necessarily approve of it, but I can't imagine that her reaction could be poor enough to do anything about the situation. My mother despised the fact that my closet is full of form fitting, colorful clothing. It is not traditionally masculine enough for her; however, the time came that she realized that her opinion was no longer a deciding factor for me and the constant comments stop being constant.

You have to develop a style that best expresses you as an individual. Not the image that your mother wants you to live up to. As long as you aren't wearing that type of shirt to an interview, then there is nothing inappropriate about it.

5. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Exactly, just go for it! If you like it so much, you're going to regret not getting it when you had the chance... what if the shirt goes OOP?

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

On one hand, I'd never advise someone to waste money on such low quality trash. On the other, you're of age, able to pay for it with your own money, and really there's no reason you should have to dress a certain way to impress your mom at this point. If it feels right, go for it without hesitation!~ If you'd rather play it safe and wait until you move out to buy whatever shirts you want, that's fine too. Theres no Rush, Nicki Minaj is big enough, she's not going anywhere.