1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feeling pressure to lose my virginity??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by burossamu, Jul 2, 2015.

1. burossamu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so i'm a young teen. a lot of my friends and people i know aren't virgins - you'd think it's weird, but it's actually seen as pretty normal - and because of this i'm feeling kinda pressured to lose mine. i am pretty enthusiastic about losing it ("ready whenever" attitude) and there are a few people i wouldn't mind losing it to.

for example, there's a girl i've had a crush on for a long time who's coming to my school next year (because of my awkward birthday i should technically be in the year below) and i plan to confess to her after she joins. i just gotta wait for her to realize her piece of shit boyfriend's been cheating on her for months.

but.. yeah. peer pressure, yo.
    idk if there was even a point to this. i just wanted to talk about this situation a little. (!)

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

I've been in that exact kind of situation but realising I was gay meant I also realised getting laid wasnt going to be so easy.
    For you, I would suggest being laid back about this - this girl might never want to do it with you. (She might, I don't know, obviously). You said you're ready whenever; you might want to consider how your going to get to that stage with someone. A few friends have said to me that they'd lose theirs again if they could, without the pressure and fear of the first time.
    I haven't lost mine so feel free to take my advice or leave it.

3. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dont rush this because it's what the other kids are doing. Sex as a random hook up is no different from m******ation. Its so much better to have sex with someone you love. It doesn't even compare.

4. BiKate

Don't rush it. My boyfriend (at the time) and I were 17, and like you I kind of had a ready whenever attitude towards it. In fact I didn't see what the big deal was with waiting for someone special, but in the end I was glad I did it with somebody I trusted and cared about. A lot of my boyfriends guy friends didn't lose theirs until they were over 20, and they were good looking, great guys with a big social circle.

Just focus on making new friendships, because they could all lead to something more. You don't change at all from not being a virgin anymore. It's not something you should rush, it'll happen eventually :slight_smile:

5. Matz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, that's the world we live in today.

It's kind of like the big deal everyone made about getting their driver's license, turning 18, or turning 21, though. We never felt that different afterward.