1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This boy! Time is running out!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Leogarden, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Leogarden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So there's this boy I work with.. He has friends in the work place,but I see him sitting by himself a lot just on his phone playing games. I don't know wether to sit by him, and start conversation because I like him. He seems really sweet and down to earth,but I don't know if he's gay. I have tried talking to him previously like I said hi to him twice and his face lit up into a smile. He tends to keep his face in a stoic manner. Anyways, one time I asked him to hold something for me, and he gladly took it. Oh yeah! The first time I said hi to him he turned slightly red. I don't know what to do because I don't want to look like I clearly like him, but he did catch me staring at him one time LOL what should I do because on the 5th it's going to be the last day I work with him because that's where the summer festival which we work at ends. I don't know what to do because I hate awkward situations when you like someone and they can tell you like them but they clearly don't like you. He never makes an effort to talk to me neither anyone else really he keeps to himself even though a good portion of the people we work with know him.

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    make some contact before you part.. you never know
    he may be straight but even so if he's nice, he's a nice guy
    he may well appreciate it
    take the chance!!

3. Sarii

It sounds like he's jut being friendly. I would suggest finding out if he is gay before going heart in hand.

4. warthog

Just ask if he wants to hang out some time. the answer will tell all i think .

5. Chicagoblue

I agree with warty. "hang out" is code for "doing something random that can develop into something unforeseen and hopefully fun"

6. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As an extreme introvert, I'd like to say that he may just be really shy. I don't know how many times I've completely passed up an opportunity to make a new friend or confess my feelings to someone, just because their coolness made me nervous. It makes no sense, but the more I want to get to know someone, the more I'll keep my distance.

Anyway, I agree with everyone else about hanging out. You don't know whether the attraction is mutual yet, so it's best to play it safe.

7. Leogarden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    but I've never talked to him like that so how would I go about asking him to hang out with me?

8. warthog

Thank god for codes ... (!)

Leo dear, you have your suspicions which you would like to validate. that a- He's gay, and b- He likes you. now if you're going away and he gets this, he would jump at the chance for some contact. "hanging out" is more relaxed then let's go for a drink - am I right Chicagoblue? - and you can be all cool about it. in any case give him your number. IF he's what you think he is then he'll agree, if he's not he's not, and as much as that would be a disappointment but at least you'll have your answer.

#8 warthog, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015