1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm going slightly mad

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by warthog, Jul 4, 2015.

1. warthog

Hello.

This is something that has concerned me a few times, I think I have a tendency to see/hear things.
    Yesterday I was going out to my car at night, and an unknown car passed me by. I saw in the passenger seat the guy whom i'm currently getting over, who looked back at me, waved, and got his phone out of the window as they drove away. Now, i'm quite sure that it couldn't possibly be him, and in no way he we would do any of those things, but that's what my eyes wanted to see. I would hear people calling my name as i walk in the street, that happens a lot. one day a few months ago, I thought the trees in a dark street i was walking in were people.

Basically i'm going nuts (!)

So when going through a devastating breakup, do any of you start seeing your ex waving to you or is it just my imagination and wishful thinking ?

2. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't really know. How late was it? I do experience hypnagogic hallucinations, where I'll start hearing voices while I'm falling asleep. I've been told by a psychiatrist that it's not harmful. (But it still creeps me out). It's probably a good idea to talk to a professional about it to find out what it might be, and how you could prevent it.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I have some experiences with voices and hallucinations.

Have you told a doctor about this or no? Does it disturb you?

I have some troubles in my life, but I don't call myself mad :slight_smile:

4. warthog

Actually it wasn't very late and I was wide awake. I have no professionals to talk to, and it only bothers me when I hear insults, which also sometimes happens.

I just wish that car hallucination wasn't a hallucination, but with me, I never know.