1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you're low on hogwash, balderdash, or flapdoodles, check out today's Word!

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by wisefolly, Jul 5, 2015.

1. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

Nothing but a bunch of hooey and horse hockey, says you? Well youse be right!

Bunkum is today's word, use it with care!

Learn bunkum's truthful history: read about it here, listen here, or taste it here.

Use it in a sentence, poem, haiku, limerick, or any other word configuration. It's all good! The sky's the limit, cuz once you go past the sky it's outer space and really hard to live without expensive equipment and junk. But if you got past the sky you're probably IN something expensive that supports life so....

Anyway! Here's my sentence "poem", which I hope makes you cry for its beauty and not its terribleness:

I broke the cookie jar, that much is true,
    But when my Ma asked me, I said t'was you,
    dear friend---Ma knew better, said "That's bunkum!
    You're the guilty one, and that's no hokum!"
    Hurt I wasn't believed I said "But Mum,
    it's me, and I've always been fair dinkum!"
    "You," says she, "are such a lying shmuck,
    begone! I just don't give a flying

Oops, ran out of time, maybe next time folks!

And now... on to your works of art that will use bunkum as its crowning jewel.

If you accept this challenge: (!!)
    If you ignore this challenge: :dead:
    Do you really want a dead banana on your conscience?

2. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, today marks the start of a new story with all new characters (so I don't end up infringing on my best friend's stuff) to do these. So today's sentence starts this off, then I'll extend it in spoiler tags haha.

"That's bunkum and you know it," Matt said to Neil, growling at the idea of Neil being straight.

The first thing Matt did when Neil told him he had a girlfriend was throw the glass in his hand at the wall.

It had shattered loudly, just like his heart and feelings at the words Neil had said to him. How could Neil do this to him, after all the shoulder touches, the poke wars, the laughing, the matching tattoos, the deep stares into each other's eyes? How could Neil do this to him after stringing him along for so many years, from the time Matt was a seventh grader and Neil was a senior?

At Neil's confused expression, Matt tried to pass it off as no big deal, even though it clearly was. Matt was hurt, destroyed inside. But Neil knew his best friend well enough to know it was a big deal, had seen the gazes from Matt more often than not.

"Matt... Come on, man... You know I'm straight. It was only a matter of time before I found Janin, or another girl, and you know it." Neil tried to be reasonable with his words.

"That's bunkum and you know it," Matt said to Neil, growling at the idea of Neil being straight. "If you're so straight, then what about us? What about everything that we've been through together? What about all the shoulder touches, the matching tats, the nights we've spent together awake? What about all that?!"

"Matt, man, we're best friends, but we aren't a couple. We've been friends for almost twenty years now. The more time you spend with someone, the more you start to do things together. Come on, Matt. You know this."

"Then why the hell did you kiss me?!" Matt screeched at Neil.

[End for now :wink: ]

3. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

AngerAndAgony: Bravo :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap