1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you get tatted for your bf/gf/whatever-f?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sashafr, Jul 31, 2015.

1. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm terrified of needles. No way.
    I might go for, matching rings, tshirts, or necklaces. But I'm terrified of needles and my girlfriend hates tattoos.

2. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would if we are in a super serious relationship with minimum 95% chances for us to get married or something. Otherwise i'm willing to do matching tatts if and only if it's something neutral like armband or tribal designs and not relationship-specifics (no names/significant dates, no portraits)

3. flitterpad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really care about what other people get tattooed on them (unless it was "Heil Hitler" or something like that) but I personally would never do it. I can see why someone would do that, to show their love for their partner and that they think they'll be together forever. But to me it seems too risky, and I don't think you need tattoos to show someone you care about them. :slight_smile: Personally.

4. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I would never get a tattoo for my significant other, even if we were married. Tattoos are very personal, expensive, and permanent; if something happens with the relationship, I would not want to regret my choice of tattoo.

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. My partner could get hit by a bus and die, and then I'd have to explain the tattoo to my next partner. Sure, I could lie about why I have the tattoo, but I think my new partner would discover the truth sooner or later.

I've done a lot of "crazy" things like writing in my blood, to honour people I've dated. Therefore, I don't think I'll really judge people that get tattoos to honour their partners; as long as everyone involved is happy with the risk.

6. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never understood the desire to get tattoos with an SO for that exact reason. What if you break-up? What if it's messy? Do you really want a life-long reminder of a relationship that didn't work out?

My girlfriend and her ex talked about getting tattoos together, but they were each going for Kingdom Hearts things so it's not like it was couple-exclusive. That's something I would consider but probably not until after marriage.

7. KayJay

I wouldn't get a name or matching tattoos but I would get a tattoo and have part of it's meaning dedicated to my SO.

8. Van

Van

I'll do it only if I want to, not because he wants me to get one. And it would be just the first letter of his name... it'd be easier to remove/cover it if we break up one day. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I highly doubt that I'll ever get a tattoo, though... But I wouldn't mind if he got my name tattooed on him.

I don't even have a bf, so why do I even have to think about this... :rolle:

9. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like others have been saying, names and dates, probably not. But my boyfriend and I have been thinking of getting matching tattoos. It would be a triforce with the deathly hallows possibly in the middle and then the three triangles outside we are thinking of filling with something that symbolizes a memory of our time together. I think it's a really cute idea. There's no names, and no dates. And as someone else mentioned, memories also last forever, you're just getting a visual of that memory now.

10. Elodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    if the person was my significant other, I may get something small, maybe on the inside of my wrist or ankle or something, but not likely. I have none at the moment and can't forsee a reason to get one, not really. but I'd be open to the idea if I felt safe in a relationship and it was an important tradition or cultural piece with them.

11. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

A tattoo of my lover? Well, since my lover is a doll, I think it would be strange to get one of her, since I'd have to explain it to people and I'm not ready to be completely out to the whole world just yet, maybe when I become that famous writer I've always dreamed of being...I dunno. :rolle:

12. Psaurus918

13. candyjiru

I feel like tattoos are so significant that they really should be something personal to the wearer... if a couple talked about something that they both wanted done together and had a long conversation over a year or at least several months about it, then sure... but I see a lot of people who got drunk and got their so's name plastered on their body for life (or for thousands of dollars and tons of pain of removal)... T.T

14. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would get a tattoo for my partner but that doesnt necessarily mean I would get a tattoo of his name on me. Probably a thing that would remind me of him, but of course that "thing" should go harmoniously with the other tattoo that I have (if I have).

I find it sweet, tho. Even if we didnt work out, alteast everytime I would see that tattoo I would remember that at one point of my life I gave a portion of my skin to a person whom I loved and had loved me and remember all the good memories that we had. I am a corny person

15. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. (*hug*)

This is also plays into the idea of PDA (public displays of affection). Holding hands is nice, hugging, and the occasional kiss would be nice, but anything more in public is just too much. There's no reason to do this in public. If you both are comfortable with each other and trust each other, you don't need to advertise this to everyone else to feel better about it. Just do you. :slight_smile:

This makes sense to me, too. I'm not on the whole "let's get a tattoo" train, so this probably isn't even an issue for me in the first place.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

For? Probably not.

With? Maybe.

It really depends on why we'd be getting them. If they're just random tattoos for, like, an anniversary or something, sure. For me to consider putting somebody's name on my body, we'd have to have been together for quite some time, and have built up one hell of a relationship. But I don't mind getting a tattoo with somebody, it could even be like a date.

Of course, as of typing this, I have no tattoos. So, that what I say as you will.

17. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe if they died.

18. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think I would actually... If I really, really liked them... not sure though.. ^^

19. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It would have to be purely symbolic, without any names or numbers. I can't stand the thought of some exs name tatted on my butt. I really wan't to get a large butterfly on my back to signify my transitioning.

20. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't want my partner to get a tattoo with my name on it. For me that's too close to me putting a mark of ownership on him and I wouldn't want that! Of course, not everyone feels that way. :slight_smile: I think you have to be quite brave to get any sort of tattoo! Haha.