1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out to friends as transgender?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BurningCole, Aug 1, 2015.

1. BurningCole

I came out to my parents as gynesexual (someone attracted to females/femininity) about three months ago, and after that I came out to my friends over text. I came out to my parents as a trans guy about a month after that, which happened sooner than intended, but they're supportive. I just don't know how to come out to my friends now, because we've all known each other for 7-ish years (well, most of my friends) and I never really said anything about my major gender dysphoria.

I cut my hair in February, and before then I wore mostly clothes from the girls' section, and I'm just scared that they won't believe me when I tell them I'm trans. I've known for as long as I can remember, but I never said anything to them because I thought it was abnormal and was too confused myself to be able to explain my feelings properly.

I don't really want to come out to them so soon, but considering I have super-short hair, wear clothes from the guys' section, and avoid public bathrooms in general, it'd probably about time. Also, I know it won't get any easier for me to tell them if I were to wait another year, and I need to be able to use the right bathrooms and changing room in school.

If anyone has any advice for battling this fear, or at least calming it, please let me know! I have a lot of anxiety right now and considering I have less than a month to tell them I feel really scared. I know things will turn out fine, they're all open-minded and awesome, but I really need some words of wisdom right now! :help: Thanks guys.

P.S: Should I tell them in person, or can I tell them over text? I feel like I'd throw up or faint if I had to tell them all face-to-face, but is it the better option?

2. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When and how to come out to them is up to you, but if they truly are your friends, you'll likely find them to be supportive.