1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you were NOT LGBTQ, how LGBTQ phobic will u b?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SonicBoom, Aug 2, 2015.

?

If you were NOT LGBTQ, how LGBTQ phobic will u b?

1. Very phobic

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. Mostly phobic

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Somewhat phobic

27 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. Not at all phobic

66 vote(s)
    65.3%
  1. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't think I would be an ally but I certainly wouldn't spread hate towards the LGBT. I would probably remain neutral on most issues, although I consider myself to be quite open-minded so I wouldn't oppose marriage equality or any other expansion of rights.

2. Leifa

I've always been super open my spirituality is not main stream either so....yeah not at all. HUGS FOR EVERYBODY. (plus gay couples are damn cute :3)

3. thepandaboss

I don't know to be honest. Don't think I would've had problems with gay or lesbian people because I had relatives and family friends who were. May have had an issue with trans people because I didn't have a lot of exposure but I've never been a hateful person. I think if I'd had a friend or I'd done some reading I'd be pretty well set.

4. biggayguy

I was raised in a very religious home so was taught homophobia. Self-loathing has been a problem most of my lfe. Thankfully, homophobia is something you can unlearn if you have an open mind. I was in the love the sinner hate the sin crowd. I would still be like that if I wasn't gay.

5. My peers in school are very accepting, even to the point where straight guys openly show affection towards each other. So, I don't think I'd be homophobic at all.

6. Lyana

I can't say for sure -- how could I? --, but I honestly believe I would be a somewhat vocal ally and not at all homophobic.

I know I've never not been bi, but before I consciously knew I was into women, I was fine with LGBT+ people. I had gay/bi friends, including my best friend. I admired my gay aunt, loved her girlfriends, and hated it when my mother badmouthed them. I followed Lori Duron's blog about raising her gender non-conforming son. I found Jazz Jennings amazing and inspiring. When a childhood friend came out to me as trans, I hardly batted an eyelid. Every time same-sex marriage became legal somewhere, I felt like celebrating.

And yeah, maybe that was because, subconsciously, I knew they were family. But I like to think that I wouldn't have been LGBTphobic, even if I were cis and straight.

7. Psaurus918

It's hard to say for sure how I would react to the LGBT community if I wasn't gay because I don't know what's that's like.. But if I had to guess, I'm sure I'd be fine with it. I lean very left politically so I'd be for human rights and equality.

I would totally be friends with gays if I wasn't with out a doubt.

8. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wasn't brought up to be a religious zealot, so hopefully not homophobic at all.

9. MetalRice

I wouldn't be at all, I never had a problem with the idea of LGBTQ people or the people themselves even before I figured out I wasn't as straight (and seemingly now, cis) as I once thought was.

10. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

My family isnt religious at all and they are very open, which they were before I came out to them, so I think I would be similar. My straight brother played (and still does) for a gay football team before I came out so I know I wouldnt be homophobic if I wasnt gay.

11. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd probably think it was a little bit weird but that's because I wouldn't have been exposed to any LGBT people.

12. The Wallflower

Am I the only one that grew up with homophobic parents ._.

13. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Before last august or september, I thought I wasn't LGBTQ, and I wasn't very phobic (except maybe a bit about trans ppl), even when I was younger and brainwashed to believe LGBTQ was some illness, I just felt bad for them, then I found Glee and everything changed.

14. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have never been phobic as a rule. Certain situations I found extremely awkward though when I was much younger but it was more about the individual than because of their sexuality. My best friend in school was gay. I suspected this before he knew and certainly before I was questioning my own sexuality.

#34 NervousAsHeck, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  15. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't be homophobic, just because I know 2 people who are gay/lesbian and I consider them my friends, whether gay or straight.

16. Joey101

How could I be homophobic? ... some of my friends are gay. But even if they weren't I don't believe anybody deserves to be treated different due to their orientation, skin colour or whatever.
    Actually that's so natural for me that first I was not sure if I understood the question correctly.

#36 Joey101, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  17. Soillse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Considering how vocal I am on other rights movements that I'm not part of, I'd probably be as, if not more, for lgbtq rights. To be honest, the only thing I do not support is the emotional or physical harm of another conscious being.

18. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think i'll be somewhat homophobic, but maybe not at all. depending on my knowledge in this imaginary scenario.
    Even though i was raised in a very homophobic family, deeply religious and all that sh:***:t, i keep my mind open to any idea that came. As long as it's not hurting anyone i think i'm cool with that :grin:

19. SpiritEnergy

No... My mother has learned to accept what does not concern her. My father..... Hahahahahahaha. Not gonna comment.. V_V

20. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am very tolerant and respectful of other people's choices and beliefs. I have 2 gay cousins in which I am close to 1 of them therefor I wouldn't be LGBT phobic I believe. I practice tolerance and respect in other aspects. I personally don't believe in abortion but have never chastised a friend who had done it. I am Christian but my best friend is Muslim. Live and let live (*hug*)