1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender movie: About Ray

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by flitterpad, Aug 30, 2015.

1. flitterpad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thoughts on upcoming transgender movie, "About Ray"?
    Personally I think it looks good and a step for the transgender community. But I think they partly made it because the producers/director knew they would get a lot of money for making a film about being transgender.
    I'm definitely going to see it. (!)

2. Ryu

Ryu

*dusgruntled mumbling*
    Sure, it's nice and all that the LGBTQ community is getting all of this good rep at the moment with this stuff, especially trans* people with all of these shows like 'I am caitlin', 'I am Jazz' and this film, but I think that it's way to much puplicity in a much to short of a time. In my opinion, instead of doung all of these things trying to make us look like extraordinary people, just make us look like... People, having pride parades that are just LGBT people in their day to day clothes and walking down a street to make people think 'huh, so this is what gay people are really like', or having an LGBT themed show which doesn't focus on the LGBT aspect at all, because it's not as if being different to the norm makes anybody special, it just means that people are just a little different.

I apologies sincerely for this incoherent rant.

3. FootballFan101

I agree 100%

---------- Post added 30th Aug 2015 at 11:20 PM ----------

actually as I watch the trailer it seems to be more about evreyday trans people not that one privilaged trans-woman we all know and love

4. Ryu

Ryu

^
    'Love' you say... Hmm...

5. FootballFan101

Maybe not love but hey where are you getting at