1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do people hate trans men/women?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MaybeMyGender, Sep 1, 2015.

1. MaybeMyGender

I don't see why people feel the need to be absolutely cruel to trans people for no reason. It doesn't affect them in anyway yet they feel the need to say.

- Being transgender is a mental illness.
    - Being Transgender is a "phase".
    - All transgender people are "trannys" or "shemales".
    - Transgender people are freaks or are still the gender they were physically born as.

Iv already had one person say I'm "not a girl" just from telling them that i feel i may be trans NOT EVEN 100% SURE YET. And i seen a video in my recommendations on youtube called something along the lines of "Transgender isn't real your feelings are lie" and i guess it's a video about someone who thought they were trans who years later regretted it. And that that is enough reason to say EVERY transgender male/female is wrong about who they are and how they feel. And people being horrible about the whole bathroom situation and saying "there still boys i don't want trannys in my bathroom" and stupid ignorant sh*t like that. Several of my friends wo iv talked this about say that i need to have a full on sex change to be a women and that if i don't I'm "not technically a women" and that gender is completely physical.

I'm really sorry about ranting but this sh*t pisses me off to absolutely no end. It's f*cking horrible and it needs to end.

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The main reason behind their hate is ignorance. I'm tired of all the ignorant and hateful comments.

3. FootballFan101

I know im arguing on youtube with someone who says "its a mental disease and we need to find a cure to help these folk adjust to there "natural" selves

4. Jellal

Most of them are just people who are afraid of being wrong.

Which if you think about it, isn't all that different from any of us.