1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surprising responses

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Darkexcelzn, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Darkexcelzn

Out Status:
    Family only
    So...I came out as Genderfluid to the majority of my family...and apparently they already knew. Not sure how I was the only one who didn't for so long, but apparently it wasn't a secret. Everyone was really supportive of it, and all I can think of now is that I have a really awesome family. Now I don't know why I was so nervous about telling them. There are a few people in my family I know wouldn't react well, but the ones I care about did. Just wanted to share. Thanks.

#1 Darkexcelzn, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  2. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

Great! So happy for you. :slight_smile: Actually, in many cases family and close friends know if their loved one is gay too. If they are the more flamboyant type with that stereotypical gay voice and walk, everyone knows. One of my gay friends thought he was hiding it for years, but most everyone knew way before he came out. Not too many young adult straight guys love sewing, knitting, crocheting in the park, cake decorating, Cher, Lawrence Welk, flower garden tours, looking at make-up and nail polish, hate sports and ask their gal friend to please kill that mouse for him. They might have one or two of those traits, but all of them?? Sometimes, you just can't hide. ( Not that all gay men have those traits either, I know.)

#2 Open Arms, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015