1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where'd they all go?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 0dd0ne0ut, Sep 3, 2015.

1. 0dd0ne0ut

Long story short. All my friends left my life when I came out and started dating my girlfriend. She tells me it's normal and people get uncomfortable and would rather leave then accept change. These are even best friends people I had known for years shared secrets with. It honestly breaks my heart. I'm 27 I know I'll make newer better friends, it just sucks.
    Has this happened to you, did you ever confront the issue and have you ever had people from your past come back with an explanation?
    :dry:

2. Haadriv

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I haven't come out but yes I have seen old friendships fade away without rhyme or reason.. Its like that saying "your not growing old till you lose friends" I think at a certain point certain people fit your mental level and fulfill a certain need in ur life and after a point they just don't.. Don't take it personally and do not attribute this to urself or feel responsible.. Everyone has their own stuff going on as well.. And people usually withdraw then to talk about it.. Your girlfriend could be right .. People do come around and.. And those who don't its good you fine out who they really are and what they are worth :slight_smile: and yes in the moment it sucks.. I hope u find comfort in relying on urself for the time being