1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite, or sentimental ornaments and decorations~

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by candyjiru, Nov 25, 2015.

1. candyjiru

Do you have a special ornament or decoration that means a lot to you during the holidays?

My family has a really beautiful snowflake ornament with a bell in the middle that I really love~ and they have an angel that sits on the top of the tree~~ ^.^

2. AlamoCity

I got my dog a "Baby's First Christmas" silver baby cup ornament for the year she was born and a also a silver bell by Reed & Barton. My dog is very special, so those ornaments are meaningful. Plus, the small silver bell makes a beautiful sound when rung.

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Everyone in my family has their own custom ornament with their name on it and each have different designs. My sister was upset that she didn't have one so last year I made her one and put it on the tree and didn't tell her where it came from, so I'm pretty sure she thought it was from Santa or the elf on the shelf:slight_smile:

We also have some singing Santa decorations. This one sings a country version of a Christmas song on a loop and it's suuuper annoying haha but I think I'll always remember it. We also have a Santa that plays music and shakes it's butt. Kind of weird but really funny:slight_smile:

4. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

I had this pretty glass apple ornament that was my favorite. Unfortunately I broke it around 7 years ago.

5. setnyx

i have a OLD cresent moon shaped plastic misetoe. it was my mom's & before that her favorite sisters'. i also have a elf climbing a ladder i used to put up at the top of the tree to keep the star from tipping,now he climbs my luck bamboo since i no longer put up a tree.

6. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We used to get a set of ornaments that would represent everyone in the family each year. Those are nice.

One of my absolute favorite parts of the tree is that we put a saxophone ornament on our angel on top. It makes the angel a bit lopsided, but it's worth it.

7. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really have a favourite, but I collect bird ornaments for my little tree because my sister collects reindeer and when I was little I wanted something to collect too.

This year I bought myself a clear glass bird and a pheasant, my gran bought me a swan which I love and my mum bought me a glass hummingbird coloured like the trans pride flag which is my favourite ornament of this year.

8. thatchickcj

My mom made this really delicate bambi-inspired dear out of an egg-shell ordinate when she was younger. Every year we put it on the tree.