1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi guys

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by foreyes245, Nov 28, 2015.

1. foreyes245

Hey guys,

This one might be a bit of a doozy but here goes; I'm 26, male and have never been in a relationship with anyone. From my early teens i found that was sexually attracted to females however by my late teens I also found myself attracted to transwomen. As I get older and my lack of relationships, a lot my family; both immediate and extended have been subtly questioning my sexuality. A few months ago for the first time i've asked a girl that I liked out on a date - however she just wanted to be friends. During social gatherings i've ended up inadvertently flirting with women.

I have had sexual experiences, this is the part where it gets weird - they have all been with sex workers, both female and transwomen. Lately i've been noticing that other men as 'attractive' however i'm unsure if this is me acknowledging their attractiveness or that i'm actually attracted to men. I've been open minded and tried to fantasise about men and search my feelings, but i find it unpleasant and that it does not excite me; might be some sort of deep rooted homophobia.

I know that you guys certainly can't give all the answers i'm looking for but i feel the need to talk about this with someone.

2. tgOlivia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I could be wrong, but if you don't find men turning you on, and never have, except in a vague "they are attractive but don't attract me" sort of sense than you are probably straight. I'm going to go with not gay (or bi) as a more likely option than subconscious homophobia.

3. foreyes245

Furthermore to this, when I recognise a man as attractive, it makes me feel very unnerved and anxious - is this me feeling attracted to a man or is it me just being homophobic?

4. suchconfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think that's more like you're so unnerved by questioning your sexuality, you're hyper subconscious about seeing attractive men. That's what happened to me when I was questioning.

I think you're mostly straight if you like women and transwomen, because maybe your attraction to women doesn't hold bounds to transwomen. Maybe you just like those that are women in your sense of the word but not born female at birth???

5. guitar

Write me on my wall if you'd like. You sound a bit like me a few years ago

6. foreyes245

Yeah I agree with that line of thinking. I think my liking of transwomen is really for the kink aspect.

It's just that so far i've never felt attracted to a man, in the sense of having an intimate relationship or sex with - just trying to figure out what it all means. I think the need to have a label is what's making me feel all this.