1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?(holiday edition)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by QueerTransEnby, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candyjiru

I got to go to a lovely, belated Thanksgiving dinner last night that ended with Cards against Humanity XD;;;; Such a fun night ^.^

2. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I finally got my Christmas tree out. It's safe to say the Christmas season has offically started for me.
    I really have to thank the person who told me to shove my Christmas tree into an empty closet every year. It saves me so much time!

Ohhh my you don't even know how much I love Cards against Humanity! =D So jealous!

3. 99701

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This used to be my favorite time of year. Not so much anymore. I was always with family. My sister's birthday was Christmas Day. I lost her a few years ago and have very little contact with my family since then. She kept everyone together. My parents have passed too, so I only have nieces, nephews and cousins left. I spend my holidays with friends, so at least I'm not alone. I'm hoping by this time next year I'll have a boyfriend to spend the holidays with. I've only been out for 6 months now, so haven't met anyone yet.

4. crazydiamond

I'm happy but also sad at the same time. I spent two years living far from my family, but then I moved back and the Christmas I spent with them was terrible. I had a falling out with my mother and then I was forced to come out by my sister while we were all on bad terms, which honestly just made everything worse. I was going to get a place with my sister when the lease ended and then she told me at the last second that I had better find somewhere else to go. I then moved in with my girlfriend and I haven't talked to my sister since then. I haven't talked to my mother either aside from a few awkward texts where she doesn't acknowledge anything that happened.

So this holiday season is bittersweet kind of. On one hand, I'm not with my toxic family, but on the other, I feel alone because I have no real family anymore. My grandmother won't talk to me because she's very conservative and I know my mother talked negatively about me. I'm trying to be appreciative of the group of friends I have now that I'm spending the holidays with and my girlfriend is here for me as well. On top of all of that I'm also having trouble finding work. I just feel alone sometimes and that's what's been on my mind lately.

5. crazydiamond

I'm happy but also sad at the same time. I spent two years living far from my family, but then I moved back and the Christmas I spent with them was terrible. I had a falling out with my mother and then I was forced to come out by my sister while we were all on bad terms, which honestly just made everything worse. I was going to get a place with my sister when the lease ended and then she told me at the last second that I had better find somewhere else to go. I then moved in with my girlfriend and I haven't talked to my sister since then. I haven't talked to my mother either aside from a few awkward texts where she doesn't acknowledge anything that happened.

So this holiday season is bittersweet kind of. On one hand, I'm not with my toxic family, but on the other, I feel alone because I have no real family anymore. My grandmother won't talk to me because she's very conservative and I know my mother talked negatively about me. I'm trying to be appreciative of the group of friends I have now that I'm spending the holidays with and my girlfriend is here for me as well. On top of all of that I'm also having trouble finding work. I just feel alone sometimes and that's what's been on my mind lately.

6. foxer

Oh , the presents? I have to get presents for people.

7. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I'm thinking I may be getting a New Year's kiss this year...

---------- Post added 7th Dec 2015 at 08:22 PM ----------

Oh yeah. Need to buy like 20 cans of condensed milk for recipes for people.:icon_sad:

8. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This will be my first ever Christmas I'll not be celebrating. I'm going to be home alone from before Christmas until after the new year. Both of my parents will be in different states and my brother's not coming home for Christmas.

I'm not really sad about it, it just feels a little odd.

9. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You just couldn't resist, could you? :grin:

10. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

All i want for christnas is you~

11. Distant Echo

Christmas. Bah humbug.

12. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This conversation took place last night:

Me: I just bought some Hanukkah candles so now I don't have to use birthday candles
    Bf: what's the difference between birthday candles, Hanukkah candles, and Shabbat candles?
    Me: *pauses, snickers*
    Bf: what, it's a legit question
    Me: oh I know I'm just trying to not make it sound like I'm describing penises. Fuck it. Because the difference is in the length and girth

13. HollyK

I can't wait for the holidays! I have waited long enough for my own liking to start getting excited for the holidays (I don't like starting Christmas in early November). I've got almost all of my Christmas presents and I'm still working out all of my plans. I might meet my boyfriends family this year :slight_smile:

14. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mid-December and I'm still putting Christmas stuff out. At this rate, by the time I get everything out, it will be time to put everything away. ugh.

The struggle is real.

15. choirsmash

I have to dress less comfortably in 3 days...more "girly" less dyke/non-binary (no boxers)

Also, CHRISTMAS IS THIS WEEK AND I CAN'T BELIEVE IT I'M SO EXCITED

16. Distant Echo

So. Plan for Christmas day. Drive to son's house. Make sure presents are handed out and kids get fed. Drink till I either pass out or throw up. Either way I'll be too drunk to drive to the ex-father-in-laws for Christmas tea. There's a lot to be said for cheap-ass cask booze!
    Merry fucking Christmas!

17. thepandaboss

Hoping to god airport security doesn't mess with me when I go through it. I've never had problems before and Portland's pretty understanding. But when I fly out of Atlanta next week, just hoping security's not a dick. Otherwise I'm gonna raise some serious hell.

18. littleraven

A kiss from a girl. lol

19. AKindOfMagic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay! My family is celebrating Christmas tomorrow instead of Friday because my dad has to work Christmas!

20. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    srry in advance for caps

IT'S(!)ALMOST(!)CHRISTMAS(!)
    (!)ONLY(!)TWO(!)DAYS(!)
    AAAAAAAAAAAAASHHHHHBGDBFDNC(!)(!)(!)(!)

Thread Status: