1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey people :)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Light101, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Light101

Light101 Guest

Hey everyone :slight_smile:
    This might be a little long but I need to let it out haha!
    Right well I think I am coming to terms that I'm gay I'm 22, even as I write that I feel myself trying to resist, but hey I guess I've been fighting my desires all of my life and now it's time to let them go :slight_smile:
    Not long ago I classed myself as bisexual but now I'm leaning towards the gay side, I had a gay experience a few weeks ago which has struck something in side me, I never seen myself having feelings for men just sexual attraction, we got pretty intimate we did not have full intercourse but it was intense and I was sober which made a change from my other experiences with men, I have have had more sexual encounters with women but the more I look back they didn't mean anything and I think peer pressure played a big role, I mean sometimes I had to think of guys to get a hard on!
    Also I felt that I was forcing myself to like women until recently, I have started speaking to this guy from a dating website and I feel attracted to him and could see myself in a relationship with him, I feel like a burden is being lifted from me all these years of denial! Sh@t society can be dangerous!
    I don't even get turned on by women anymore I see them as pretty but just no connection! Ahhhh it's be a long bloody path!!!

(&&&)

2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are more or less the same age as I was when I finally accepted that I am gay. Right up until that point I tried to convince myself it was a phase; something I would grow out of.. something I could overcome if I met the right woman, but when your eyes are following other men all of the time you get off at the idea of doing stuff with the same sex you have to concede defeat.

It can be a long and difficult journey, but it sounds like you are reaching the conclusion. How do you feel about the next stages?

3. Light101

Light101 Guest

Hey :slight_smile: thanks for getting back! And yes well I still feel confused lol like now I'm going back to thinking I'm bi but I'm not sure lol, I was supposed to meet with a guy yesterday for some fun but I chickened out lol,

4. CapColors

Good for you, man. I would give yourself permission to go ahead and date guys exclusively for a while. Try a longer term relationship if you can; that will help you answer your questions about whether or not romance with a man is possilbe for you. From your post it sounds like it is.

If your feelings for women return, then you're probably bi. And that's OK! Lots of us are.

But to me you sound a lot like the other guys on this site that realized their attraction toward women was much smaller than their attraction toward men, and that what attraction there was faded even more once they "allowed" themselves to look at men exclusively, in both romantic and sexual ways.

Best wishes

#4 CapColors, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  5. Mad

Mad

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    that's OK)