1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haircut!!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CallingDuck, May 1, 2016.

1. CallingDuck

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey y'all!
    Tomorrow I finally have the chance to get a short haircut!! (!) My mom, who is the one that doesn't want me to have short hair, won't be there while I get it.
    I have wanted this for a really really long time in order to be able to present more androgynously/masculinely. Still, I'm a little nervous. I'm kind of getting this without my parents permission (they think I'm just getting a trim), but I don't think they will be too angry.
    YAAAAY!
    I'm scared I'll chicken out though... I'm not exactly a rebellious teen, and the way I'm currently feeling I wouldn't actually mind having long hair, however this may be my only chance and I'm doing it for the me who wants to rip out the long hair.
    Could anyone provide some encouragement? :icon_bigg

2. GRM

GRM

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I support you, you should do whatever you have want to do with your hair. My mom was not really OK about having the sides of my head shaved like Ruby Rose but she got use to it. So we never know.

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go for it. I had short hair for a long time, and though my parents were staunchly against it at first, they came around. You never know until you try. Personally I think it's a lot easier to manage, ands if you want to present more masculine that is a sure way to do it.

And besides, if you don't like it, hair grows back. It's your hair - do what you like. Good luck.

4. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hair, not a tattoo* or nuclear winter. Even terrible haircuts grow back, so I say go for it.

*(not that there's anything wrong with tattoos - they're just permanent. I have three but also waited until I was out of my parents' house to get them.)

5. PrettyinPunk

I say go for it! If cutting your hair short is the epitome of your teenage rebellion your parents should count themselves lucky.:grin:

6. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You do You

7. CallingDuck

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey!
    Thank you everyone so much for responding— I read your replies while I was sitting in the chair (while the hairdresser was doing someone else) and it gave me the confidence I needed! I love how it looks, and after complaining about how "girls need to have long hair" and how my parents "didn't have a boy" my father admitted that it looks good. The real worry I have is my mother— I texted her how it's a bit short and how much I love it, but I'm worried she's in for a real shock. Hopefully, it won't be too bad.
    Thanks again, and I'll let you know what my mom thinks!

8. CallingDuck

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh my goodness! For anyone that's wondering, there was a huge plot twist— my mom actually likes it! She did say it was a bit too short, but she likes it!