1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by kyboan, May 24, 2016.

1. kyboan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I suppose this can be considered a big first step for me, I don't know. I've recently come to accept myself as gay after years of running from it. In these years of running however I've gotten myself into a straight marriage and have also had a child. This has made things complicated for me because I love my wife, just not in the way she deserves. And with this coming to light now, the idea of hurting her hurts me and I really don't know what to do. So hence why I'm here, to hopefully find some people who've gone through a similar situation and can offer some friendly advice.

2. Butterfly2016

Nice to have you here ^^ Makes lots of friends and have a good time!

3. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to the community! You have taken some first big steps already, starting with self-acceptance. Having accepted yourself is in many respects the hardest step of all. Joining Empty Closets and trying to gain a deeper understanding of who you are, and how best to move forward is a good start to all the other things that might follow. Building a support network around you, and sharing experiences can provide you with some additional insights that will allow you to make decisions that you are comfortable with.

Take it slow and try to follow your instincts as best as you can. As the saying goes, there is a time and place for everything. Things will fall into place. There are a number of community members who have gone through similar situations. I am sure you'll find support and receive suggestions on the path forward.

Welcome aboard. :slight_smile:

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth