1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your stance in gender neutral bathrooms?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shadstack, May 25, 2016.

1. fenestra

Yes, I was probably more fearful when my (male) partner used the women's room (one seater) than I was using the men's. There is a definite double-standard there (not saying it is or is not justified.)

#21 fenestra, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  2. iiimee

100% for them. I don't care who else is in the bathroom with me, as long as they don't bother me.

3. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    gross hell no, most men are animals (no offense) but they pee all over the toilet seat or on the floor or dont flush, they obviously dont care cuz they dont have to sit on it (granted sum of us can "hover" but its still nasty..and their pee stinks..ever go to a gas station that has one bathroom for both guys and girls? -gross....

4. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Why the hell not? Cubicles are a thing, so who cares? :slight_smile:

5. AlamoCity

If you mean a trans person who is of the female sex but identifies as a man, sure, I'm sure I've probably shared a bathroom with a transman; I've seen a few people in my life who were probably transgender using the male bathroom, but of course I didn't say anything since it's their prerogative to use the bathroom with which they identify. And, by the same token, I'm sure I've shared the bathroom with many trans women who haven't yet been able to transition and by design had to use the male facilities.

That said appearances and how one presents (in terms of their gender) MATTER A LOT in terms of how we as a sex view the same and opposite sex and why we find comfort in certain situations in gender-segregated institutions: bathrooms, locker rooms, doctors, etc.

I'm also not counting little girls who were brought in to the bathroom by their father; that's a different topic.

6. thepandaboss

I dunno, i think men's rooms are surprisingly clean. See, guys don't do that hovering crap. We either sit or stand. Maybe it just depends on where you go but see, when I used to have to use women's rooms, at least two stalls in any given public bathroom would be covered in toilet paper, splatter, and other assorted nastiness. With a men's room, you don't tend to see that thanks to the urinals. And guys aren't afraid to flush or touch a doorknob :wink:

#26 thepandaboss, May 25, 2016
  7. fenestra

Agree. I've never known a man that doesn't automatically lift the seat to pee. But I can sure as heck guess that a whole lotta women don't do this when they hover. I've sat in so much pee in my life...

8. Glowing Eyes

To add, I think they would make it a lot simpler for everyone.

9. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i mean we sit if its clean, if theres pee on the toilet seat then we hover...at my work (i work in a warehouse) its all dudes very few girls and dudes are wanting to use our bathroom (only one toilet) becuz theirs is already tore back, they have a few stalls in theirs and sanitation is cleaning every few hours...u can smell it just passing by...idk maybe u guys are just used to it, but as a chick yea, its gross..

---------- Post added 25th May 2016 at 03:58 PM ----------

not all dudes are well mannered tho...sum arnt considerate enough to do this..and idk i just think their pee smells too strong..

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah. The only men's rooms I've encountered that are uber gross are the ones at bus stations, but I've seen some really gross stuff from women's restrooms too.

11. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I already find using public restrooms unpleasant and uncomfortable; the minimal amount of potential increase in discomfort by knowing I'm in a stall next to a woman isn't going to matter much to me.

12. eMei

I doubt they will ever become a thing, at least as a third option because they are't cost effective. Personally, if you'll forgive my wording, I'm neutral on them. I do understand why people wouldn't be though. If I was a young mother I wouldn't be comfortable taking my daughter to a toilet with men in it.

13. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This.

*high fives*

14. Hizaki

My stance in gender-neutral bathrooms is usually sitting down (hehe)

My stance on gender-neutral bathrooms is that having/not having them hasn't made my life very much different but I seriously dislike those who are opposed to the idea.

15. Psaurus918

I could careless. I go to the bathroom to go to the bathroom, I don't care who or what other people are doing. It's a bathroom, go and get out.

Also, I'm very pee shy and refuse to use urinals so I'd be okay with getting rid of them or putting them in stalls (which I've seen)

16. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What do you mean stance? I pee sitting down, like it should be.

EDIT: TFW when you didn't read the thread and thought you were the first to make that joke....

#36 Pret Allez, May 25, 2016
  17. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Boy howdy I've had so many circumstances where I'll be in a public place, head to the bathroom and think "Man...kinda wish there was a gender neutral bathroom".

I dunno, it just kinda makes me awkward going to the bathroom and seeing the "women's" sign. It just...makes me feel weird.

I'd really liked gender neutral bathrooms to become a regular thing.

18. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Why not unisex bathrooms but have stalls that actually make it hard to peek in? Seriously, it seems so easy to peek into stalls.

19. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same thing we did at my old university: open more unisex restrooms in more areas open to the public.

20. PrettyinPunk

I'm all for them! I've used them in the past and I've found their almost always nicer than mens/woman's bathrooms. I think it'd be cool if all bathrooms were like that. They could be designed in a way that would make all genders and parents with children comfortable.

Doesn't bother me either way. I try to avoid using public restrooms but if I have to go I'll take whatever's open. Not sure why it's such a big deal, especially in the states.