1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey! Questioning new girl here.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Dimity, May 28, 2016.

1. Dimity

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey! I'm Dimity and I guess this is where I should introduce myself.

The pen name "Dimity" comes from two words meaning "two." Why two, exactly? Well, not only do I feel like there are two sides to my life people see - the "straight" side vs. the questioning side - but I've found myself liking both guys and girls.

I stumbled across this website while searching for answers about my sexuality. (I've submitted a thread to the "Questioning Sexuality" section of forums and am looking for advice. It's in que as I'm writing this message, but keep an eye out for it in the future!)

I'm searching for answers, help, and some support as my family currently cannot provide it due to disbelief and whatnot. (I've tried to talk to my mother about questioning my sexuality once, and I was basically shot down. Not fun.) I'd love to get to meet some other people who understand what it's like to go through such a stressful part of discovering who you are and having difficulty accepting that you aren't like everyone else.

Just to introduce myself a bit more: I play the ukulele, guitar, the piano, and I sing a bit. I love writing and I always have. Plus, we'll throw in the fact that I adore theater. I'm probably one of the younger users here at a "staggering" thirteen, and I am worried that I may be too young to understand my sexuality yet.

Is that weird?

Anyways, thank you so much for stopping by. Feel free to message me if you want to talk or maybe even give me some advice! Thanks!

#1 Dimity, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  2. awakingasleep

Hello:smilewave, welcome to EC! I wish you luck in finding yourself, it's not weird though for you to being questioning your sexuality. if you need to talk about anything, we are here

3. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC! I was questioning my sexuality too at thirteen so you're not the only "young" one. ( we aren't that young lol )

I'm sorry about your parents not understanding you, but it'll get better when you'll move out.

I play piano too, I love writing, and I take drama classes at school! c:

I wish you good luck! ^^

4. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

5. ms elliot

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome.... Hey I'm 46 and still questioning!! Its all good....now you have some where safe to talk it out....