1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WII U. Which one should i buy?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SmallSeaCat, Jul 12, 2016.

1. SmallSeaCat

So I am going to get a wii u soon. And i have been wondering; Should i get normal or deluxe? I read about this a bit, and people had mixed opinions on both. The only downside i found for deluxe was that the deluxe gamepad was black, therefore it was smudging, which i, ((SPOILER WARNING)) Dont give a flying fuck about. Theres also this bundle in Gamestop where they give you a Deluxe + Mario Kart 8 + Splatoon. Which are 2 of the games i want the most, for 350-ish euros. Splatoon + Mario kart are 110 euros together, which leaves 240 for the wiiu itself. While i can get a normal for 210 euros without any games. Which one should i get? Thanks for reading.

2. mangotree

Late reply, so don't know if you'll get this.
    Is there a reason you're getting a Wii U instead of waiting for the NX? (which, in high probability will be compatible with Wii U games).

It's still a great console though with some great games, so don't want to turn you off the idea completely.

As far as I know, the normal (white) version of the Wii U has a much smaller hard drive, so you would need to plug in an external USB drive in order to install any more than a couple of digital titles.
    In my opinion, it's worth spending a little bit more to get the deluxe version.

3. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Deluxe version is better, because they made the white as crappy as possible from a customer's point of view. (Why Nintendo?) I still bought the normal one because I preferred the white console (and I wasn't interested in the bundles).

However, if color is not important, the deluxe is a much better deal.

4. Jellal

Here is my humble opinion: wait for NX.

I bought a Wii U exclusively for Pikmin 3 when it came out, but honestly regret that decision. Since purchasing it my main reason for getting new games has been to justify my purchase of a VERY underwhelming console. I got so much more value (and fun) out of my old gamecube.

5. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This! So true!