1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair help with starting to transition

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jjanon, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Jjanon

So I'm doing everything in my power to keep myself from thinking about coming to my wife in a couple of days. I've been thinking about how transition can work for me, thinking what a timeline could look like. I'm also trying to not focus on the negatives that I see (like, I'm very hairy and the thought of how long it will take to get rid of all that hair is....ugh) but there's one hurdle that I don't understand.

I've read lots of advice that says to start growing your hair out. Problem is I have a pretty large bald spot and a high receding hairline, which will not look good with long hair. I know that transplants are possible, but I don't know about the efficacy of that process. It seems to me that wigs would be the only option left open to me, but I am not excited about that thought.

Has anyone had experience with the transplant process? Do people wear wigs? How does that work? Just put it on when outside or all the time? I can't be the only one who has to deal with this particular issue, right?

2. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    What about a weave? That might work, and doesn't come off like a wig. Dunno how much of your own hair you need for it. Doubt much.

3. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Good for you, Jjanon! I'm so pleased that you're starting to think about this. I'm sure there are plenty of options out there that people on here will be able to suggest. No shame in wigs, a well known English transman wears a wig because of his male pattern baldness and he's extremely happy - I don't have a trans woman comparison but there has to be a way!!