1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mythology Roleplay

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by larkcarmen, Jul 10, 2016.

1. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Same thing happened to me one too many times. I now copy my post before posting it XD Saves a lot of trouble)

Blair watched as Medusa nearly flipped with even, if not unimpressed, eyes. Cato seemed like an easy mark, if not for her strength- the arrow was a tad bit heaver then a traditional arrow, thus they had taken it to study it in closer detail. Maybe it was because it was a demigod, but Blair wasn't taking any chances with her weapon.

They didn't like Cato much, not only because she was a half-child. Nay, it was something else. Something about their attitude, maybe? But it was of no business to them. A half-child was not something they would meddle with, though if it she were a statue, that would be different.

Blair leaned against the entrance of the shadowy bar, a spotlight peeping out every now and then. Athena and Perseus were familiar names- gods, perhaps? Serving different Masters had inevitably made them cross paths with gods- or their runners- before. Lower gods or demigods had often forced their way into Hell, going on a mad hunt for a demon's head. They obviously never did get far, before their own necks were removed from their heads. One exception was Persephone, who fell in love with Hades, years after she was trapped. Hades was very much unheard of, Satan taking the reins of Hell most times. Although they were supposed to rule equally, rumors were that Hades had given up his position to live with Persephone in peace. Hell's politics gave them a headache.

"Medusa, darling, and here I thought we were banned from causing a scene in your tavern," Blair quipped. A smirk. "What do you say on dragging Cato in, for a bit of...playtime? I'm pretty sure there are some creatures who would simply love that idea."

However, the demigod paled and fled. Fled. They turned to Medusa and fixed her a flat stare. "You chased away my playtime."

#101 LogicNoSense, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  2. Nobo

(italics is a thought) holy shit these people want to kill me! What did I even do!?!?
    Cato continued to run getting closer and closer to the forest

3. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Medusa looked pleased with herself. "Oops." she shrugged. "Guess he wasn't a crazed assassin after all." She cackled as she poked her head through the door of the bar. "It's okay! Kid named Cato. Doesn't strike me as the Gorgon-slaying type."

Stheno smiled "I think you scared the kid half to death."
    "Serves him right, sneaking around out there." Eury shook her head.

4. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Blair rolled their eyes and followed Medusa back into the tavern, removing the cloak and unwinding his tail the moment they were swallowed by the darkness. "She chased away my playmate!" They rolled their eyes at Medusa, settling down next to Nico once more. "Does she ever cut creatures some slack, Euryale? And I told her that I wanted to use that half-child as a topper in the square. Wouldn't she have made an excellent statue there, Medusa?" They chuckled.

That half-child wasn't a gorgon slaying type- in fact, she looked like a weakling, with how she fled from the both of them at the drop of a hat. Goodness knows what she was carrying arrows for. "Speaking of which, I found this. The half-child was carrying this around." They placed the arrow on the counter, prodding it gently with a finger. "It's surprisingly heavy for a simple arrow, and with how fast that half-child ran, I doubt she knows how to protect herself. Or at least...up to combat. I think most of you would like to take a look at it, but it's mine, yeah?"

5. Nobo

Cato joy into the forest and hid behind a tree

6. Nobo

(Your not gonna chace him?)

7. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Eury tutted.

"What?"

"Aren't you gonna go after him?"

Medusa frowned. "I mean, I wasn't going to..."

Stheno snorted. "You scare a kid half to death and you aren't even gonna see if he's okay? That's harsh, Mimi, even for me."

(Bedtime again, see ya on the flip side)

#107 ForNarnia, Sep 30, 2016
  8. Noting the return of Medusa and Blair, Nico said, voice dripping with sarcasm, "Nice of you to join us. I see you've made a friend out there, Medusa. Must be that charming personality of yours that he found so endearing." Turning to Eury and Stheno, he remarked offhandedly, "I wouldn't go after him if I were you, Medusa. A whimpering kid like that alone in the most bustling city in heaven probably doesn't have much going for him. He'll come crawling back with his tail between his legs before long." Sparing an apologetic glance at Blair, he added, "Not that there's anything wrong with having tails between one's legs, of course."

"Your return couldn't have been more opportune," Nico continued. "I was just about to explain to Ghost here what a life debt means to an elf. You'd doubtlessly want to hear about that as well, Blair, as it may work a bit differently than it does in hell—do they even have life debts down there?

"The elven people established their societies on the principle of a universal code of honor. It is the cornerstone of our civilization, the pillar upon which our whole world rests (Yes, that is a reference :wink: ). The importance of this code and the severity of the punishment for those who violate it cannot be understated. That is part of the reason why I never returned home after all these years. I would no longer be welcome there...Anyway, as I was saying, a life debt is the most respected bond between two people that is possible under this code. Elves will fulfill the requirements of a life debt completely and without hesitation, even if the price they must pay for it is their own lives. In fact, most life debts generally end in death, either of the one who owes the debt or the one to whom it is owed. It is only rarely that a life debt is considered satisfied while both parties are still alive. The last life debt I owed did not end so fortunately, but that's a story for another time."

9. Nobo

Cato seeing that he was not followed started to relax slightly and build a small camp

10. Nobo

(Ok forget the camp thing) he climbs up another tree in the forest quickly and starts to sharpen the blades on his bow (here's a pic of the bow)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Nobo

(Ok forget the camp thing) Cato climbs up A tree near the edge of the forest quickly and once at the top pulls out his bow and starts to sharpen the blades on it (here's a pic of the bow)
    [/QUOTE]

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2016 at 05:13 PM ----------

(ok I really messed up the posting there sorry)

#111 Nobo, Sep 30, 2016
  12. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Nay, nothing wrong about tails. In fact, that half-child is lucky he didn't have a tail. I have a feeling that his tail itself would startle him well enough." They frowned slightly, flicking their tail. Indeed, it would probably scare that half-child...especially when some tails had the tendency to burst into flames at a moments notice. Or did that only happen to demons? They wasn't very sure, truthfully.

Listening to Nico drone on about life debts halfheartedly, Blair nodded along at the right parts. As long as they got the main parts, no harm done, really. The debt usually ending in death, however, made Blair scowl a little. "I have no intention of dying, be it in heaven or Hell. I simply require you to complete my mission, and that is all you will be needed for." No point dying by or with an elf- there was a high chance of being killed when returning to Hell, after all. They doubted their Master would take kindly to recruiting the help of an elf- be it by accident, or not.

"I doubt there are life debts in Hell," Blair continued slowly, prodding the arrow they'd lifted absentmindedly. It rolled side to side on the table, the material hitting the bar softly. "Demons are too proud to owe their lives to another creature. Obviously, there are creatures that serve demons, but I doubt those are life debts. In fact, those are probably slaves." A pause. "Aye, most demons capture smaller, dumber creatures to be their slaves. Lesser demons especially, since they themselves are too...useless to have a servant. Not I. A slave would simply hinder me." They frowned at the bar, looking deep in thought. "I might have had a slave once, but I killed it when it tried to meddle too much with my business. The one and only slave I had was forced upon me by someone else. Gift, my arse," they grumbled softly.

(Ps Nobo, nice bow. You drew it yourself?)

13. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (Nice bow, dude :slight_smile: )

Medusa chuckled. "Sorry, for a second there, I thought an elf was lecturing me about my personality."
    Stheno smirked. "Do elves even have personalities?"
    "Of course they do, Stheno," Euryale nudged her with her elbow, putting on a deep, bumbling voice with an extravagant accent, "Ooh, I'm so badass, aren't I so strong and powerful and fun to be with? Hurr de durr I hate gorgons for no discernible reason."

Mimi snorted. "Have you been working on that voice?"
    "You caught me" Eury winked.

"Hey, Mimi, are you gonna bring that statue in yet? Doesn't look like anyone's around."
    A sudden look of realisation flashed across Medusa's face.
    "Oops, I'll go deal with that right now."
    Stheno nodded in approval. "Good, because last time, I had a city-wide Gorgon hunt on my hands."

Mimi rolled her eyes and strolled out to the statue, lifting it up onto her shoulder and holding it steady with one arm. A tall shapeshifter held the door open as she brought it in, and closed it behind her, returning the tavern to semi-darkness.
    "Thanks, Reg."
    "No problem, Mimi. Least I can do."

Mimi excused herself and took the statue upstairs. She returned just in time to hear Blair and Nico's conversation, and laughed.

"Really? Life debts, slaves? We have something similar, we call them friends."

"Hear, hear" grumbled the patrons, obviously unamused by the presence of the demon and the elf.

14. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "The statue was nice where it stood," Blair grumbled softly as they watched Medusa bring it in. Obviously it would have been terribly suspicious if they left it where it stood, but with all the witnesses who already saw it...a hunt would no doubt be called.

"Really? Life debts, slaves? We have something similar, we call them friends."

"Friends? Nothing of the sort exists in Hell. Everyone watches their own tail, in fear of being killed the moment they shut one eye," Blair scoffed darkly. "Heaven really is called 'heaven' for a reason, indeed, despite all the freaks." Their eyes narrowed at the sisters. "Consider yourself lucky you have someone you call a family. There is nothing of the sort in Hell." You're on your own the moment you're born. If you're killed, bad luck for you. They had managed to survive on their own for centuries, and now gorgons and freaks were telling them about friends? The idea was as absurd as Satan stepping down as Lord of Hell.

'Friends' were simply another creature to be on your guard with, because the moment you turned your back, a knife would be pierced into your heart.

15. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    "I have friends in high places, and low ones. In fact, the reason I even own this bar is because a friend of mine got a one way ticket downstairs. We stay in touch. The weather's much warmer down there." She sat down at the bar. "If you wanna tell scary stories about how horrific your life has been, I can guarantee I'd give you a run for you money."

Eury smiled cheerfully, placing a glass down on the bar for each of them. "Do you get many angels in hell? Other than the fallen ones, of course."

#115 ForNarnia, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  16. Nobo

Cato lifts up the bow and draws back an arrow releaseing to fire it at the bar the arrow flys sioundlessly through the air then punches through the roof of the bat and sticks into the bar going through one of the glasses on the table in the process
    (no I didn't draw it I can't draw that good)

#116 Nobo, Oct 1, 2016
  17. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (Language warning :wink: )

Medusa growled low in her throat and clicked her fingers. The bar roof fixed itself once again.

"That little prick." She practically hissed her words, though her face did not betray her anger. "Stheno, on me."
    "Follow you anywhere, sis."

Eury sent another pulse of energy from her hands. "Forest, not far, you'll be able to hear him."

Several of the patrons stood up.
    "We're coming, too."
    Mimi smiled. "Thanks, Reg."
    An old haggard werewolf wrenched himself up from his seat. "Had about enough of this shit for one day. You pick a fight with one of us, you fight us all."
    "Damn right."
    "They screwed with the wrong witch" cried a shadowy figure from the back of the room, casting a shielding spell around them as they exited the bar.

Medusa pinpointed the kid's position fairly easily. Her hearing may not have been what it used to be, but it was still better than any humans. She shook her head, shouting into the forest.
    "What's your problem, kid? You a coward?" she scoffed, "why am I even asking? Of course you are. Running away like a wounded animal because the big scary Gorgon shouted at you, boo-hoo" she mocked. "Not such a wimp when our backs are turned though, huh? Get your ass out of that tree and grow the hell up!"

#117 ForNarnia, Oct 1, 2016
  18. Nobo

seeming to come out of nowhere an arrow grazed by meduzas face leaving a small shallow cut catos mother being the Goddess of the Hunt, Forests and Hills, the Moon, and Archery he was at quit a large advantage in the forest

19. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Eh. This will be before and during the fight...)

Bair scoffed and rolled their eyes, swatting a hand in Medusa's general direction. "Nay, I'm not trying to exchange stories. It's just a way of life for most, down there. As a lesser demon, we don't have much." They paused and shrugged. "In fact, we don't have anything to ourselves. We're named by our first masters, and left genderless. Lesser demons just hop around Hell, hoping to secure their next meal." Days of past flashed through their mind, and they shook their head minutely.

They nodded at Euryale, tracing a finger around the rim of the glass as they thought about her question. "Fallen angels are actually pretty rare. Most of them become slaves to higher demons, so not much is heard about them. The others just end up on the street as trash. As for angels...I did meet a few when I was a solider at the borders." They flashed a shit-eating grin at Euryale. "Of course, none of them did make it back up."

When the arrow shot itself into a nearby glass, Blair straightened a little, glancing back into the forest where the half-child was. They smirked widely, and swung the cloak over their shoulders, tail automatically wrapping around their body. Blades sprung to their fingers in a second, and Blair turned to Medusa. "Let me get that half child down, my darling. It's playtime."

Running into square and missing another arrow, Blair easily located where the cowardly archer was. Finding the branch he was in took a few seconds more, and they scaled the tree with ease, coming up a few trees away, Blair waved at the archer.

"Hullo, cowardly half-child!"

#119 LogicNoSense, Oct 1, 2016
  20. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (Okay, I was trying to work with this, but this is making no sense to me.
    When you chose to run away, for no apparent reason, you basically wrote yourself out of the story.
    Nico mentioned you might be back, giving you a chance to return to the bar and thus, return to the story.

Instead of writing yourself back into the story by maybe coming back in and introducing yourself or something, you chose to stay away, and then interrupt what was going on inside the bar in order to make us come to you.

So, I did. And I gave you an excuse to jump down and introduce yourself, so we could maybe sort things out between our characters and involve you in the actual story.
    And you didn't take that opportunity either.

What are you wanting to happen from this interaction? It seems to me like you want some kind of fight scene to kick off, but I'm not here to do that.

I know I'm probably overreacting a little bit here, but it's just stressing me out a little, because it seems like the story is going nowhere.)

#120 ForNarnia, Oct 1, 2016