1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ears for music vs sound true?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Worgen2, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

Something interesting I found out is that in the past Kent my boyfriend kept saying he has ears for music so I thought it means he has ears for sound also since to hear music well you need good speakers but seems like having ears for sound and music are slightly different. Kent can feel and hear the music coming from a cheap tablet and hear every part of music and for me it would drive me crazy listening to music coming from it. He did say if he has a mediocre speakers like his dads old speakers then he is fine. He can really hear and feel the music without having nice speakers which amazes me still. He said that you which is me have good ears for sound that's why you can hear the difference between two speakers and how they perform and hear if one pair of speakers plays too much highs or mids, etc. He also said he can tell if an instrument is playing wrong notes like G sharp instead of G for example even in cheap speakers as long as they aren't like junk speakers though like alarm clock radio.

Very interesting but is this possible what he is saying it true? Or he doesn't know what his saying?

I also asked him can you hear the lows on a tablet also when you listen to music and he said yes. In my head I think his crazy since there is no way that a cheap tablet can play even 100hz or lower.

2. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

I did post a similar question while back but I asked again since I got more details about what he was trying to say to me and wanted to know what you guys think.

I love music like Kent but I can hear the difference in two speakers. Also would he ever enjoy listening to his music from nice speakers? Kent did say I would probably be good at like doing recording in a studio since I have good ears for sound and if he were to learn to play instrument he would be good at that. Kind of strange I feel but I guess music lovers doesn't equal want best sound for there music. I always thought music and sound is connected.