1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Project Veritas releases viral video on incitement of violence by DNC @ Trump rallies

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by A Republican, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Project Veritas releases viral video on incitement of violence by DNC @ Trump ral

Ha! Did you hear about how all the well-known psychics said Sanders would win? Now that's funny. :lol:

2. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: Project Veritas releases viral video on incitement of violence by DNC @ Trump ral

When I saw Sanders, even before the first primary caucus (Iowa), I knew he was toast, especially with someone as corrupt as Hillary in the running. He never had a chance. His platform excited mostly millennials and was comprised of policy positions that might have worked for him back in 1990s. He was also left-wing at a time when the populist-right are gaining ground worldwide.

When the people vote on November 8th, I believe that a lot of people will vote for Trump, not because they agree with his policy positions like I do, but because in their mind it will be the biggest possible 'fuck you' in human history and they can do all that away from prying eyes and know that they were all a part of that awesome moment. A lot of trolls are attracted to Trump in fact and for them a Trump win is funny, and they are driven by the very people who smear his name, whom they happen to hate.

I can also understand that, which is why I correctly predicted Brexit even when the experts said it wouldn't go through - so much so that the dollar soared the day before the referendum.

While I'm not going to definitely assume he has it in the bag given the rampant voter fraud, I believe he will win with never-seen-before numbers and and secure enough electoral votes by carrying either the state of Pennsylvania or Wisconsin or maybe even both.

#62 A Republican, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

To compare Brexit with the US presidential election is like comparing apples and watermelons. The polls in the U.K. were neck-and-neck right up to Election Day. However the polls here in the US have shown a clear and consistent pattern of where we're going in this election, and it isn't toward Trump.

As it stands today, Hillary Clinton is likely to win with right around 350 electoral votes, Democrats are poised to take back the Senate with gains of 5-8 seats, and are projected to take back right around 18-24 seats in the House of Representatives.

Now unfortunately the insanity of Trumpism has spread around the world, like the U.K. voting to leave the European Union BUCUZ MUH NASTY IMMUGRUNTS!!!! as well as the Philippines electing a president who is now committing genocide. Unlike those nations, America is about to do the right thing on November 8 and reject this un-American racist piece of garbage and his equally despicable supporters.

4. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Anyone who is gay, bi, lesbian, or trans shouldn't be voting for Hillary. I know people get mad when there is a criticism of immigration of Muslims, which Democrats largely support but there is a reason. They are arguably the most conservative group of people on the planet. I shouldn't have to tell anyone here what they think of being gay/lesbian/trans. And no, it's not just "the nice ones" who are immigrating. They are leaving the Middle East en masse, and unlike a single person immigrating they have no interest in integrating into Western society which is becoming more and more receptive to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people as each year passes by. Muslims immigrating en masse to the west is like southern Alabama mass immigrating to Tokyo. They have no intention of integrating and expect you to conform to them. It's going to be a nightmare for our minority if we have to go back to living in fear of coming out.

A vote for Hillary is going to set us back tremendously. I implore you not to vote for her. If you can't vote for Trump, then please, please stay home and don't vote at all.

#64 SkyWinter, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  5. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

They weren't neck-and-neck. They were so neck-and-neck that the dollar soared the day before and experts said that there was an 85%-90% chance that remain would win after Jo Cox was murdered. The most favourale poll for Brexit was by YouGov which gave the Remain Camp +6 the day before the referendum - other polls had them leading by double digits. CNN was smiling at the start of the referendum but then lost their shit when the numbers came in.

I am very much enjoying your sense of elitism about America doing the right thing. Your hero Hillary called the American voter-base ''ignorant'' in the Podesta emails. I'm not sure if it is denial or anxiety taking over, but you highly underestimate the rise of Donald Trump, which people like you created with your talk of say... ''wacist''.

Trump is so American that he wears the colours of the flag, he has the flags carted off to his events. The DNC in Philly didn't even have a single American flag until someone complained about it. The Trump protestors (who are the people who vote Democrat) burn and stamp on the American flag and wave every single other flag in existence. Trump oozes too much Americanism (un-American...please) and I also love him for the love he has for his country. It's a shame our Renzi doesn't love his country that much, but we will give him the axe on our own referendum quite soon ourselves.

SkyWinter gets it. Hillary wants open borders and 550% increase in Syrian refugees - which will be a Trojan Horse. You can reach out to minorities all you like, but doing it to the people who are more likely to want us dead is nuts. I don't believe in more likely, statistics show us what they think, but I am being slightly politically correct in the event I accidentally trigger another snowflake.

6. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

There's another thing to consider when comparing Trump to Brexit. Trump is a person, Brexit is an issue. Trump can't get the support of many conservative Republicans. It isn't just because of his general policy issues, it's the stupid things he has said and maybe done. If you take those away he would be a lot higher in the polls, but you can't take those things away. They matter more to most people than whatever has or might come out in wikileaks, or what Clinton might do policy wise as president.

Although Trump has many faults, he at least brought together two opposing groups in one way. My parents are right wing conservative Republicans, but they're not voting for Trump.

7. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

I agree. I looked at him and actually felt bad because I had a very strong feeling that Hillary would screw him over; and she did. You're also right about him exciting mostly millennials. I have a friend who only wanted him in office because he was apparently going to pass a bill for slavery reparations. I'm still not sure how I feel about that. I mostly think it's ridiculous.
    I actually agree with this. This is something I'm worried about. I'm all for allowing SOME refugees into our country, but only if they are screened thoroughly.

LOL @ Southern Alabama mass immigrating to Tokyo. It's funny because I'm from AL and typing this while wearing a Totoro t-shirt. XD

8. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Yeah, ha ha, no offense to Alabama. I'm sure there are smart compassionate people there. That's my point. A single intelligent moral Alabaman could move to Tokyo no problem. They would more than likely disappear into the culture. Just like one smart moral Muslim would disappear into western culture. The problem is when masses of people move from one area to another.

Also Totoro is adorable.

9. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Oh, I didn't take offense at all! ^_^ I know exactly what you mean. Alabama prides itself in Southern hospitality, but the majority are relentless when it comes to their religion and LGBT equality. You'd be surprised how different many parts of Alabama are. Where I'm from, it's anywhere from suburban to big city (Birmingham). But in other parts, there's people who live 2 miles from their closest neighbor (the boonies). Shockingly, people are beginning to be more accepting of LGBT culture here (compared to years ago), at least from what I can see. But then you have a lot who are completely closed-minded and refuse to hear anyone even civilly debate about anything they disagree with. It's funny that you mention intelligence; because Alabama is ranked 47th on the intelligence scale in the country. Now that is embarrassing.

I agree with what you mean about masses of people. It's very true that damage can be done in large numbers. A lot of people think that we should give immigrants the benefit of the doubt and assume they are peaceful. They don't understand that they think differently than we do. I'm not saying that we should keep them all from coming here. I believe it would be wise to properly screen an immigrant before allowing them to be here. I would love to open my doors to someone new to the country who needs shelter; that would make my day. But I don't know their intentions. Are they trying to flee from the hardships in their country? Or are they trying to hurt me? I mean, who can really answer that? People try to argue that the United States already has a lot of violence. That is true, but the violence here is usually committed by a rogue. When an immigrant comes to cause trouble, they are usually doing it for something much bigger. They won't get the message across by hurting just one person. They have to think big. What kind of immigrant flees to another country for safety just to start trouble in the country they are seeking refuge in? You would think that they would do everything they can to abide by the rules in order to stay here. But some of the immigrants are not coming here to seek refuge. It has been proven that there are immigrants who are coming here for malicious intent. Some of them are being told that the US is evil and that they must rebel in the name of their religion/country/dignity/whatever. Yes, some of them are brainwashed, which is sad. With all that being said, I think that it would be nice to let some immigrants seek refuge, as long as they are properly screened and agree to become a law abiding citizen. I'm all for humanity.

And thanks for what you said about Totoro. He's my spirit creature. :grin:

#69 Anthemic, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  10. DoriaN

Mmm something I'd like to point out is that when you say 'moral', that's a very controversial term, but you are right in saying that when masses move issues will occur. But before I speak on that I just want to mention that to me having a State (Alabama) of people that may be of any and all worldviews and faiths is different than comparing to one worldview and faith (of Islam). Anyone can be a Muslim, it's a religion not a race thing, and it comes with it's own morals and law.

So when it comes to 'morality', many people have disagreements over what actually constitutes as 'moral'. Usually people take their own relativist objective sense of morality derived from their worldview, and then apply it with subjective morality surrounding the individual and culture.

So for example, a Jew believes eating pork is immoral, it's objective to their beliefs and worldview but relative to them. Subjectively in our culture eating pork is not immoral, but others may personally disagree.

Another example is a Christian personally believes stealing is objectively immoral in accordance with the Bible, it's relative to that worldview, but the culture also may or may not subjectively follow that moral notion.

I worked with a man that was an atheist, and to him stealing was fine. It was not immoral, since his own subjective sense of immorality was not there, he had no objective foundation or inspiration to draw upon to impede him, so it was only society and the culture that deemed it immoral. As such his words to me were "It's only wrong if I get caught".

So my whole point here is that a society/culture has it's morals, an individual has their morals, and whatever worldview/faith/religion they have has it's set of morals to draw upon.

The reason why there is a lot of confusion regarding Islam and those whom call themselves Muslim, is that they too have a set of morals coming in a similar pack of 3.
    Following the truth of the Quran and Hadith relative to Islam, it is moral to have 3-4 wives in addition to marrying slaves you possess regardless if they are already married.
    The Muslim has their own subjective sense of morality and they may agree or disagree. The Islamic culture draws it's morals from the Quran, and as such it may be moral for a man to have multiple wives. Now the strength of such 'moral's or laws can change with location, but the Quran and Hadith are the bedrock of Islamic faith and all things for them stems from it.

So when you have a worldview that fundamentally has certain morals within it that people are obligated or at the very least heavily encouraged to follow, it may conflict with another society on the same fundamental basis.

This is why many Muslims especially in Europe want to have 'Sharia Law'. Our societies were based on Judeo-Christian laws and morals so for the vast majority of things there is zero conflict or controversy even if a person is not Jewish or Christian. It's only the little things that shift, that or they are so inconsequential that people can live as they are and it fits both within the society's fabric and form.

Sharia Law is incompatible with Western society or those that were based on such founding.

Examples: In Islam it is permitted to beat your wife if you 'suspect' she may betray or be against you, no proof is necessary. The testimony of a woman is half that of a man.
    Theft is punishable by amputation. Denying Allah is punishable by death. A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim astray is punishable by death. A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.

These are just some examples, but they are all moral within the worldview, as well as societies/cultures that adopt Sharia Law.

So the only morality left in this case is subjective to the individual Muslim. They may disagree with all these things (and many do, and many flee their country because of Sharia Law) but that is based on their own idea of morality that they came to gripes with.

Now this is not a sleight against our Muslim brothers and sisters, they are people too worthy of love and respect, but there is a very large ignorance when it comes to the totalitarian nature of Islam. It's more than just a religion, it's a way of life, so pervasive that there are even rules on how one should enter into a mosque or bathroom and which body part they should wash first, as a small example. The stigma to ever leave Islam is also massive, to the point that I know people whose lives are endanger because of their own family members.

Many Muslims grow up within Western society and are largely unaware of these things, they are accustomed to our society's laws and morals, and being Muslim in many ways is just a cultural thing. Just like you may have a Christian that doesn't read their Bible or a Jew that doesn't read their Torah or an Atheist that doesn't know their.. Science, Muslims don't always know everything about the Quran or life in the Middle East so in my opinion, this is where a lot of controversy takes place and people get differing views on the religion itself.

Also, one very important thing I want to point out when it comes to Islam and Muslims that speak on it.

In Islam there is the Doctrine of Taqiyya. Taqiyya is an Islamic juridical term whose shifting meaning relates to when a Muslim is allowed, under Sharia law, to lie. In full knowledge OR ignorance, a Muslim may lie if it is to protect themselves, or to protect Islam.
    It stems from the Quran, Surah 3:28
    "Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking (as it were) security. Allah biddeth you beware (only) of Himself. Unto Allah is the journeying."

Now again, I'm not saying your Muslim friend, acquaintance, or family member is lying to you, but it's a doctrine that /is/ exercised. Again, many commit it in ignorance when speaking of Islam, just as there are those that commit it knowingly.

I know I typed a lot on this subject, but when it comes to immigrants and notions of 'Islamophobia' there is grave ignorance on the subject, so I felt it necessary to elaborate a bit. There are many immigrants that we should indeed help, but according to the Quran is it mandated that Muslims immigrate and propagate Islam. /This/ is why so many people are cautious, but oftentimes people express it poorly and it comes across to others as 'intolerance' or even 'hatespeech'.

11. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Sure, morality is a controversial term to people who find out that there might be consequences to the actions they have chosen. For example, someone who robs a store and gets caught and goes to jail certainly doesn't like the idea that theft is seen as immoral. So of course people like that want to make morality subjective. Everything is just a shade of gray. Nothing is black and white.

Society can't progress further until it abandons the notion that morality is entirely subjective.

Which is exactly why people are trying to keep Islam out and they have every right too. It's the same as when anyone tries to force anything on you. You have a right to defend yourself.

When you say "I don't want you to force your "X" on me" that's not hate speech. So, a woman says "I don't want you to force sex on me" that's not hate speech even if she says "Back off you F-iing crap pile".

12. Linkmaste

I like Frank Underwood from House of Cards...

13. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

:lol: Someone last night showed me 3 famous psychic predictions from June of 2015. All of them had Clinton winning the nomination, but all of them said she was going to soundly defeat Jeb Bush. :lol:

"Making predictions is hard, particularly about the future." Yogi Berra

14. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Yeah, after there was no chance for Sanders, a lot of psychics changed. But, a few of them predicted Clinton beforehand. :lol:

15. TheGreyBetween

Wow, I'm seriously discouraged by the amount of Trump-love here. I still don't understand why someone in Italy (i.e. A_Republican) is so "knowledgeable" of what is going on here during our elections . . . Trump-loving shill much? The only people who have been caught doing election fraud have been Trumpians so far. Look it up.

I also think a lot of why Clinton has so much difficulty is because of deep-seated misogyny and sexism. I don't think the US can handle the idea of a woman president overall. She is not her husband so don't go blaming her for his follies, and yeah, she's made mistakes but anyone who thinks she's worse than Trump needs to seriously analyze that belief and where it stems from. She by far out of all who are running is the most qualified, regardless of what you think of her. I think a lot of POCs, women and fellow LGBTQ folk have a lot of internalized self-hatred; it's the only reason in the world I can fathom why any of them would support someone like Trump. And I also think there's a lot of fear of the "other" in this case Muslims and immigrants. Trump is going to roll back gay marriage, how is that helping our cause, people? He'll also do away with abortion. Great. He'll do this by putting people in the Supreme Court who will turn the tides on these rights.

I'll be the first to admit, Hillary was not my first choice. Sanders was. And if our system was truly fair (that is, not a two-party system which I think should be done away with) I would probably be voting for Jill Stein. However, it's not, and Hillary has the most experience and will be the least destructive to social causes which I strongly believe in so therefore I voted for her. And I don't regret it for one moment.

Is this what you want folks, truly?
    https://youtu.be/s-bKFo30o2o

16. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

If you think Hillary cares about social causes then you threw your vote away. This is the same woman who called a known KKK clansman her "mentor". She doesn't care about helping people. She cares about getting your vote, cause votes equal power for her. In another four years she will come looking for your vote again to keep the gravy flowing for her.

Also, Trump isn't going to get rid of abortion. That's just propaganda. Even if he does, I'm struggling to see how anyone can justify late term abortions where they literally rip a living breathing life out of the womb, shove scissors into the head to kill it, and cut it apart and dump it in a bucket.

I question how compassionate you are if you are okay with that. I hear so many people against hate crimes, and locking up people for drug use, and battered women etc, but they still think it's cool to chop up a defenseless living breathing being cause it's "just a cluster of cells".

17. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

This sort of distrust seems so odd. She has to get votes to implement anything. The act of a woman seeking the power necessary to bring about change is seen as untrustworthy and insincere. Yes, she wants power. So does any person who wants to do anything in politics.

The KKK thing, after a quick Google search, literally only comes up on Breitbart, an article with a lot of cushioning on Fox and then on some reliable sources with disclaimers saying Trump claimed he was her mentor without any evidence. In short, it's a lie.

And as for being unreliable on social issues, this is a woman who risked her entire legacy as the Secretary of State who brought about the Pivot to Asia to save a blind man from persecution. This is a woman who updated American diplomacy's women's agenda and implemented increased LGBT equality in US activism and aid internationally. She is a woman who burnt up decades of her political capital trying to reform healthcare to be accessible to all, and has paid the public consequences of that ever since.

To state she doesn't have those social convictions is ludicrous. Those social convictions have shaped her life.

A) He has pledged to appoint Supreme Court justices who would overturn Roe v Wade, and the next president will be able to appoint two to four new justices to the court in all likelihood.

B) Late-term abortions are not taken as a form of contraceptive. For an abortion to occur that late, it is virtually guaranteed that the mother will not survive or the child has no chance to make it through birth. They are also generally caesarian abortions, no matter how graphic you wish to be.

If you want to live in a world where women cannot choose the circumstances in which they have children, in which unwanted children are born into poverty or where mothers are forced to lose their lives to give birth to a child which would likely not survive past birth, then see it banned. Women will have abortions unsafely and not nearly enough children who cannot be supported by their birth parents will be adopted.

Until a foetus develops an adequately advanced nervous system, its value is not substantially different from an organ or male ejaculate in an objective way measurable by the law. And that matters so much because while the same moral principles might technically apply to male reproductive rights on religious or other non-objective grounds, the only people restricted by regressing laws like that are women.

---------- Post added 2nd Nov 2016 at 08:58 PM ----------

But this is way off-topic and the best way I can tie that in is to just say - even if these videos were telling the truth, which they almost certainly aren't, the tradeoff is still that you get all those nasty realities of a Trump presidency where you don't for Clinton. That's a simple choice.

#77 Aussie792, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  18. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Why would distrusting someone with questionable morals seem odd? If someone told me that they murdered their friend I would distrust that person in regards to my safety also as someone who viewed myself as a "friend". When Hillary has voted to go to war against a country that didn't attack us, and thus is responsible for killing innocent men, women, and children, then yeah, I distrust that person

It's funny how Republicans used to be the ones calling for war and cool with all this nonsense, and now it's the Democrats. Meanwhile more and more people who lean right are running on platforms of peace.

https://youtu.be/p4wo9nqWrwE

She calls him her mentor. It's not a lie.

She called black people super predators. Her mentor was in the KKK and said terrible things about black people. She voted to blow up innocent people on the other side of the planet. And let's not forget that she is also okay with allowing thousands of Muslims into Western countries, and I shouldn't have to tell anyone on this forum what Muslims think of being gay/bi/trans. You're right. Her social convictions have shaped her life.

I never said anything about wanting to live in a world where women can't choose when they have children. You know just as well as I do that when a woman chooses to have sex she can potentially get pregnant even on birth control. This isn't some magical Baby Jesus whoops I got pregnant stuff. Women choose to have sex.

Before you mention "Well, what about rape getting a woman pregnant?" You know that pregnancy by rape is incredibly small versus how many births there are. The vast majority of pregnancies are by consenting adults.

The law, a concept, isn't capable of objectively measuring the value of a developing fetus. The value of a living being is up to you, a real person. You either value it or you don't. If you're a compassionate person then you should always want less abortions and not more.

At this point you have yourself convinced of her, and nothing I say, no matter how reasonable will change your mind. However, if you consider yourself an intelligent and rational person I would ask you to take a harder look at your positions.

19. AKTodd

20. DoriaN

=|

Good morning sunshine

#80 DoriaN, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016