1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Rozco

My classmate that I've known for 8+ years saw me yesterday and thought I was a boy ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha she even said that I was "a very attractive male" jjjfjdsuheuhiseruhdfgiourehgieuhsgiuhesogiuhsruig it made me so happy! Finally I'm passing and I've actually gotten a (positive) reputation on my team as looking like a "hot boi" :wink:

2. thetimehascome

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This happened a few years ago i was living in a college town and a car honked at me and the guys inside yelled out to me. That made me feel really good. unfortunately right now I'm living as a guy again but I'm really starting to come to terms with my sexual orientation and identity. I'm only out to two people right at this moment but i want to come out all the way. I neeed to find people to talk to to give me the strenth and courage to push forwards so i can be me. The "person" that i know i am.

3. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, Brooke and Lucas were two of the main characters. They used to date until he fell in love with her BFF. It was popular when I was in high school and soon after I got out. (actually Brooke's mother was Victoria. lol)

I like the name, but every time, I think of that show, lol. I don't know if I could ever get over that.

I'm heavily leaning towards Riley. Though maybe I'll spell it Reilly.

4. Lulamoon

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I would say to keep your last name, but I understand why you wouldn't (depending on how my dad takes it, I might not keep mine, though I'm hoping to). Failing that, I think Lucas sounds the best (or maybe that's just my love of Star Wars talking). Still, give it plenty of thought and keep trying different things.
    Also, I haven't said it yet, I love the name Victoria. It's a pretty name and I think it works well for you. :slight_smile:

A few small victories for me, all resulting in a big victory for me (at least to me). After starting the day rather poorly (almost late for work, and almost got hit by a truck on my way to work, great start), today went rather well. I hate my job, but I love my co-workers more and more every day. After only a month, everyone calls me Ashley and uses she/her pronouns (except one, but her English is only slightly better than my Spanish, so I'll let it slide). I'm not going to get into any conversations, but they're validating.
    Today was also the third day of wearing women's pants, which, despite the lack of pockets, are extremely comfortable, and the second day of using a purse. Using a purse over pockets is going to take time before I get used to it, but it's rather convenient and not nearly as irritating to use as I thought it would be.
    On my way home from work, I had to stop by 7-11 for something. The girl at the register called me "sweetie" at least twice (at least, I think it was "sweetie"...). She probably said that because she calls nearly everyone "sweetie", but it sounded more like it was because I'm a girl, rather than just a random customer. I've never seen her before and I don't pass, but the purple jacket and purse make it somewhat obvious, I suppose. Even if she does call nearly everyone that, it made me happy. :slight_smile:

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I intend to keep my family name. there's not many of us left so. plus, I damn well earned it lol. also there are quite a few who only call me by my last name.

6. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you ladies are right, I should probably just keep my last name. I've been thinking about it, running it through my head, and I think it works. And I'm glad you all like my name choice!

7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm keeping my family name and my first name. Well... keeping my whole name. Yay for gender neutral name!

8. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since this page seems to be all about names i think I'll post my first Small Victory, and that is I've finally settled on a name. I've Considered many others, but none fell as right as,

Sydney Artura

does, which, as i mentioned in my possibly unwarranted reintroduction post, flows quite nicely with my grandmother's maiden name that I will be using. Yay for my first small victory!

9. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn, I'm jealous. I really wish I had a gender neutral name.....

Oh, I love the name Sydney, great choice!

10. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks! Brooke is really nice too!

11. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw, thanks!

12. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got "ma'am. Or sir?"ed again today lol. This time face to face. I still don't understand the desire to call someone one or the other if you're not sure, but whatever. I'd rather people be confused than certain I'm female. I'm not sure if the guy who did it actually thought I might be a cis guy or if he just wasn't sure what my identity was. He seemed kinda liberal.

Also people have stopped apologizing for "misgendering me" (as male) for some reason, thank God. Maybe because they're usually not actually 100% sure if they've done it or not.

I've now got acne and an ambiguous and occasionally cracking voice, so I think people aren't sure if I'm female or a teenage boy.

#2792 Rickystarr, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  13. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    FINALLY starting to feel like the wheels are turning.

---------- Post added 7th Dec 2016 at 06:53 AM ----------

Mate, teenage boy is a win in my book.

14. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just hoping I won't end up looking like a teenage boy instead of a woman!(Some MtF look like that to me).

In other news, I'm shopping for my first sports bra!

15. randomconnorcon

FINALLY. I got letters and forms that say the Gender Identity Clinic have my referral. It's only been eight months of trying. Now I just have to send back the forms...

...and wait.

16. anthracite

anthracite Guest

For me it's every time I buy beer and get asked for my ID. When I looked female I was never asked. So looking young and getting asked for ID means I passed.

17. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I talked with a counsellor about that stuff

18. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have an appointment with a therapist on Thursday!

19. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have visible chin hairs now. I shaved like 12 hours ago and I can feel stubble, though it's not visible. Like I figured, I am going to be a very hairy man. I imagined from the beginning this would hapen very quickly in my case, but part of me thought I was being silly. Nope. Betcha I can grow a goatee in three months. Hopefully my face shape keeps up.

Not sure if I like the look of visible stubble on my face the way it is, but I actually love the feeling of it a day after shaving. Also, my eyebrows are growing crazy, and they were huge to begin with. And I noticed a thin layer of hair covering my whole belly that I don't think was there before. I had a prominent happy trail but that was it.

#2799 Rickystarr, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  20. anthracite

anthracite Guest

@ Rick: Lucky you! If I look at the men in my family my facial hair will likely be patchy one day.