1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where in the world should I travel?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Uncolored, Jan 21, 2017.

?

Where should I travel to?

1. Sri Lanka

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Scandinavia & Germany

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  3. Uganda, Tanzania, (and/or Kenya)

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Other - Tell me in a post

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am planning on an international trip from the US to somewhere in the world anytime in May or June.
    I have limited my list of places to travel to this short list. Do you have a suggestion of another place to travel? Where have you always dreamed of going? What option would you pick from my list if you had to choose?

Option A: Sri Lanka, I went to India last year and I loved it. Sri Lanka is a beautiful Buddhist country that has offers safaris, beaches, and rich cultural experiences. There is a lot to do there an the tour I have been looking at is very affordable and offers a lot of experiences. Tea plantation visits, Buddhist monuments, safari, beaches, turtle hatchery, train ride, and a bunch of other things. This trip would be 2 weeks.
    Option B: Scandinavia & Germany. I have been to Germany before but I have been dreaming about doing Scandinavia for years now. I would go to Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and then maybe Germany afterward to Berlin and possibly Munich. When I went to Germany last time I did not spend enough time in Berlin. I have a friend who lives in Germany and I would probably meet up with her. I really want to see Copenhagen. I would go to museums, castles, and travel to Norway and Sweden (Stockholm) as well. I do not have a full itinerary for this trip because I would make it myself. This trip would be 3 weeks.
    Option C: Uganda & Tanzania (and/or Kenya). I would probably see the mountain gorillas in Uganda which are becoming extinct, and I would do a safari and other things in any one of the countries. I would take a tour for this and the details are less refined.
    Option D: Your opinion.

Places I have already been: England, France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, and India.

2. Bikermm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would pick option A but only because I have done the others already.

All very different options. I would either decide on a whim or decide what type of trip I wanted. Options A and C will be dirty, sweaty and awesome while option B will have more comforts and be more familiar in terms of hotel standards etc.

As a thought for option D. I am planning on Vietnam this year with an off road motorbike trip to Cambodia to see Angkor Wat (if thats how you spell it lol)

Good luck with whichever you choose!!

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd absolutely choose B out of the named ones. However, on my own list at least are the British Isles, Italy, Greece, and Japan (and I see you've been to a few of those). I'm sure all of them have plenty to offer their visitors.

#3 Argentwing, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say the second option, especially if you're able to check out Iceland.

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you should def go to Scandinavia and Germany but I also think you should consider countries like England, Greece, Italy, even Ireland.

6. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Out of the ones you're already thinking of, I'd go with option B. That being said, I'd also suggest Japan. Some specific cities I'd suggest are Kyoto or Nara. Kyoto because it gives you a taste of the city similar to Tokyo but also has plenty of beautiful sights (like the Golden Pavillion) and it's also not as crowded as Tokyo. Nara because out of the 3 cities I had a chance to go to while in Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, and Nara) it had the most beautiful nature. It also has a lot of different Buddhist temples and Buddhist museums you can go to if you're interested in Buddhism as well as a giant Buddha housed in the world's largest wooden structure. (side note, they also have deer that will bow to you in the Nara park for these special deer crackers you can buy for really cheap and are good for the deer to have, you can check them out by going to youtube and searching for "Nara Bowing Deer", they're absolutely adorable)

7. timo

I'd go for B, but I might be biased :grin:

I love Berlin, and Stockholm is an amazing city too. Some of my friends have been to Norway and they all say it's a beautiful country, it's high on my list of places I want to visit.

8. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's funny everyone tells you to pick the option B as it would be my last choice. I really want to see Scandinavia as well but Scandinavia is extremely expensive and considering you've already seen so many countries of Europe, I would definitely pick option C and go to Uganda/Kenya as you'll see some completely new and mind-blowing landscapes, discover a totally new culture and will probably get much more out of it from a social and personal point of view than you would in Europe. I am sure Scandinavia is beautiful but the culture isn't that different there than the one you've already encountered in other European countries and you would end up spending a lot more money for, I feel, very little reward in comparison to going to a new continent or country that have a totally different lifestyle to the one you are used to live.

So my choice would be C or A and if not B.

I think it all depends what type of holiday you are after though ? If you want to look at castles and walk through European history then very obviously Europe is the right choice but if you are more after something adventurous and different that take you out of your comfort zone then Asia or Africa would be my pick (as well as south America).

Whatever you pick though, I am sure you'll have the time of your life ! :wink:

Good luck x