1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find other lesbians?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gaylor, Feb 22, 2017.

1. gaylor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am away at college I have a major crush on this beautiful girl, but she is straight. I feel like this something that is going to continue to happen. How am I supposed to find other girls that like girls when nearly everyone is straight, or not openly gay. I guess there is no way to tell, because even I am deep in the closet. How do people get into relationships in a world like this?

2. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good question! I'd like to know this too!
    Some things I've tried is lesbian dating sites(but I never stick to dating sites ever), and QSA meetings(which lately is filled with genderqueer people and not gay ladies).

3. Tre

Tre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So it's not just my school? Whenever I go to GSA meetings it's always full of genderqueer and binary trans people. I doubt anyone can start a lesbian or gay club without sounding like a TERF.

4. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm jumping in here too!

I also have a crush on a straight girl, so... how do you find a lesbian? xD

5. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know if my crush is straight, but I think she has a boyfriend...she's probably straight.

Oiii...she's so cute though, she makes my heart melt when I look at her.:icon_redf

---------- Post added 22nd Feb 2017 at 04:36 PM ----------

There is actually not a lot of binary trans people at my school's GSA meetings. They are mostly nonbinary. Lol...

Point is, I won't meet any ladies there.

---------- Post added 22nd Feb 2017 at 04:37 PM ----------

Lol maybe we should start a lesbian/gay club anyway.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    GSA, lesbian bar, dating sites?

7. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

:lol: I had to.

Honestly, all I can think of is dating sites or gay bars. :shrug:

8. Blackrainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you find out, please let me know.

I'll offer the little advice I have in the meantime. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Online dating is definitely an option, though it can be hard to actually build a relationship with someone that way. You're in the US, so I'm not sure if something similar exists, but there's a website called MeetUp in the UK, that has specific interest groups (including LGBT groups, and those specifically for lesbians.) You could try looking online for something like that in the NY area. :slight_smile: There's also LGBT Youth Groups? They sometimes offer an 18-25 meet up, so you could try to meet other lesbians that way, though I suppose that kind of thing isn't meant specifically for dating.
    I do know people who have managed to find a significant other via tumblr or ******, so I suppose it's possible to do it that way?
    I get it though. It's hard to find someone like you, and it doesn't make it any easier when you're in to a girl who can't return your feelings.

9. Blackrainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you find out, please let me know.

I'll offer the little advice I have in the meantime. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Online dating is definitely an option, though it can be hard to actually build a relationship with someone that way. You're in the US, so I'm not sure if something similar exists, but there's a website called MeetUp in the UK, that has specific interest groups (including LGBT groups, and those specifically for lesbians.) You could try looking online for something like that in the NY area. :slight_smile: There's also LGBT Youth Groups? They sometimes offer an 18-25 meet up, so you could try to meet other lesbians that way, though I suppose that kind of thing isn't meant specifically for dating.
    I do know people who have managed to find a significant other via tumblr or ******, so I suppose it's possible to do it that way?
    I get it though. It's hard to find someone like you, and it doesn't make it any easier when you're in to a girl who can't return your feelings.

******- I had no idea that specific Apple phone based dating site was a censored word here, but the more you know!

#9 Blackrainbow, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  10. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    @Hawk :roflmao:

I gave up searching for now (not feeling emotionally all good) and accept the internet as my gay friend and whatnot.

11. Linkmaste

Make a pile of plaid sweats, copies of the Dixie chicks CD, the first season of OSTNB, and add Emma Watson to the pile.

Wait 3-5 days for lesbians to flourish to the pile.

Feed Watson every two days with vegan kale.

12. ravenscarlett

Tattoo a rainbow to your forehead and where nothing but flannels. Or you could just talk to theater or art majors. So many art and theater majors are flaming bisexuals. Not to mention they have connections to everyone. If I'm going to be perfectly honest here, theater and art majors are very easy to talk to and have so many unique interests. Many are extroverts too.