1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual to Lesbian...?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DreamonRose, Feb 23, 2017.

1. DreamonRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So in 7th grade I started labeling myself as bi because I knew I liked girls but I didn't think about the fact that I have never had feelings about a guy that I have had for girls. So is it more changing my sexuality or finding myself? I am still not even positive I am full lesbian because what happens if I meet a guy and I think I feel something then am I going to have to question myself again. I dont know what to do if I label myself queer is that open to anyone because I am not sure...Any input?

2. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    General opinion around this site is that it's more you finding yourself than changing sexuality. I tend to agree.

"Queer" leaves a lot of room, which is why maybe it's the best for now.

Because, exactly like you say, what if THE guy, or maybe the guy, comes along? And "then am I going to have to question myself again." Yes, and aargh. Well as time goes by you'll have a clearer idea if that's even possible.

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're still very young, and your hormones are still all over the place. So if I were you, I wouldn't slap a label on it just yet. Maybe wait till you're a little older (say, around 17 or 18). Your hormones may still affect how you feel but not as much as it does now. I agree that you can get away with queer, though most people would assume that means gay (lesbian), so maybe not the best label to go with after all.

I was very confused about my sexuality until I was around 16/17, and I got my first girlfriend then but after we broke up I went back into the closet, and only started exploring it again in my 20s, when I had my second (and probably last) girlfriend. I thought I was lesbian at that stage, because I was in my "attracted to women" phase. It wasn't until later (around the time my girl and I broke up) that I realized I'm more interested in men, and I had to come out to everyone a second time, this time as bisexual.

I'm telling you this because I don't want you to go through the same thing I went through with having to come out twice, and most likely confusing everyone close to me. As a result, very few people "buy" that I'm bisexual. They think I'm simply keeping my options open. So don't rush finding a label. I don't know, it's hard to really advise you on this, since you're still so young. It's more complicated when you're not fully settled hormone-wise. Just give yourself time. You will figure it out eventually and be happy. (*hug*)

4. DreamonRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks your probably right. I don't need to find anyone yet anyways so I can worry about it later.

5. Bouldghirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    God I hate labels! I haven't had a guy in 5 years but my EC orientation still says bi. Am I still bi? If I knew the answer to that I'd be a very wise woman indeed. Don't worry about labels. Let your mind and body make the choices for you and wherever that places you on the sexual spectrum just enjoy it.