1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you think about the apocalypse a lot ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ursine, Feb 23, 2017.

1. ursine

personally, i'm not paranoid about the world ending, but i Love to imagine survival in a majorly different world

i think about stuff like how my life and the lives of others would change, what'd be on the news, what supplies i'd gather, how i'd protect my family, if i'd be alone, if i could survive in the long run, etc

my favorite to think and talk about is a zombie apocalypse, especially when i'm in class

i'm wondering if other people also think about this often :icon_bigg

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I am preparing for artificial intelligence to take over.

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only thing I think about is how I'll be dead long before an apocalyptic event happens.

4. actualdust

I don't think about it as much as I did in like, 2012, but I think it's definitely interesting ! I feel like it's funny how humans are fixated on the concept of apocalypses when we're really inching our way towards one every day, either through AI or environmental damage or chemical weapons, a million different things really..

5. Flowey

Stockpiling vegetarians in case a zombie apocalypse happen. Then we eat them.
    Or when we turn into zombies, we eat them, too.

6. Embi

Embi Guest

I occasionally think about the apocalypse. Possible scenarios:

1. The most likely scenario: We wipe ourselves out with our own stupidity. Nuclear power would probably play a huge role. Or we realise that we destroyed too much of nature and it's too late to go back. Rich people are shocked they can't eat or breathe their money and regret that they ignored climate change. Everyone finally dies and the planet gives out a sigh of relieve because its plague finally vanished :eusa_whis
    2. Extraterrestrial life. I have the hope that they would be less stupid than humans and respect nature. Maybe they'd wipe us out to save the universe. Or they are even worse than us and just love destruction without caring about anything. Happy Birthday.
    3. Some sort of virus kills us all/the majority of us. It's pretty easy to transmit diseases nowadays and therefore it will be too late when we finally realise that a disease is spread. We don't have enough time to find an antidote. Goodbye, humanity :smilewave
    4. Robots take over the world because we programmed them to become so intelligent that they don't take our shit anymore. We become slaves. Sad times.

#6 Embi, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2017
  7. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Or just the world will overflow with water with the ice melting and all , the earth strikes back !

I do think about it , thats why I love Fallout, Jericho, the walking dead but of course the reality is different when you really have to fight for food and protect your friends and family.

What I hope that if that day comes, I will stand by my morals and share food if need be, yes I would probably die sooner. But I rather die sooner then live longer with a hamburger in my hand while others rot away. I hope I wont change somehow. I dont think I will, but its easy to shout from behind my computer that I will be good.

In that aspect I also believe countries in the west will go rotten quicker, there is no togetherness, family and values become less and less in the western society at this point. It is all focused on individualism. So in other countries like Indonesia for example, where there is already some social control and hierarchy in respect and values a bit. They would work together quicker and better. I think, but I know people are people.

So many thoughts , I could blabber on forever about it.

8. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If by "apocalypse" you mean "the Trump administration" then yes. And I would argue the two are synonymous

9. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I think about more realistic scenarios to prepare for, such as civil unrest.

10. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think about what will happen when the sun expands.

11. ClosetGirl7

I love post apocalyptic stories and TV show for some reason and find the subject fascinating. Most of me and my friends have talked about what we would do and how we would survive. My personal favorite is a zombie apocalypse but we've considered different options.

However I have not started stashing food or anything in preparation but there are days when it sounds like a good idea.

12. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also think it's fascinating. A lot of people do. I think it might be the thrill of seeing our big, shiny, complicated society and cities destroyed in an instant, or over the course of a few days. It's just so neat to see in movies.

13. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm totally willing to go down the Warhammer 40k path. It won't be pretty but it sure will be... interesting.

Planet Earth was once a long lost colony of humanity that got completely isolated from the rest of the human worlds during the Age of Strife when the first human psykers appeared and the empire of the Eldar was brought down by the creation of the Chaos Gog Slaanesh, the Prince of Pleasure, called "She Who Thirsts" by the Eldar.

Now it's the end of the 41st millennium, the Age of the Imperium of Man; it's been ten millennia since the Horus Heresy, the conflict that consumed all known planets of Mankind into a bloody civil war which claimed trillions of souls and strapped our Emperor of Mankind to the Golden Throne.

In the year 999.M41 the Adeptus Astartes have finally rediscovered this planet only to find it godless, heretical, and tainted by corruption from the Chaos Gods. With the power of the Imperial Fleet and the grace of the undying God Emperor of Mankind the Inquisition has condemned this world and billions of souls to an oblivion. The Exterminatus shall be swift and justful.

May the Emperor have mercy upon our souls.

14. HojaVioleta

I'm assuming civilisation will fall to the relentless destruction of climate change. At some point. I have supplies. Need to figure out how to get hormones though.

15. Flowey

I was expecting the inevitable Trump comment.
    No escaping him these days

16. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably more than the average person should, though I'm not sure if it's mostly fueled as a means of getting more work done as a writer or it's something I'm bracing myself for like a lot of preppers are.

17. ursine

i feel the same way, and i also like fallout :thumbsup:

the experiences of someone here in the US would probably be very different compared to people in other countries. sadly, i think we'd turn on eachother at the drop of a hat

18. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do not, but evidently it enthralls the minds of many, as apocalyptic themes underlie some excellent novels and films. I'm far too concerned with my own death to worry about the death of humanity. People preoccupied with the end of the world may behave as if they fear it, but I've often found that a part of them is looking forward to it as a means of being the ultimate change in a life that is otherwise unfulfilling.

19. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not anymore. It was really interesting to think about though!

20. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't think about the apolocalyse a lot. I just accept that that could be inevitable. If the world is going to end, then the world is going to end. It is what it is.