1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you think glasses make someone less attractive?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jenne, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate how I look in my glasses...therefore I wear my contacts everyday...my glasses are reserved for wearing at home only! I think they look good on lots of people and I wish they did on me...would save me the hassle of dealing with my contacts every morning and night! And the expense of them!

2. tickabox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I always make sure when I get new glasses to take someone with me so I get an opinion on if they suit me or not since the sales staff as I call them aren't always the most helpful. Different frame styles suit different face shapes, even the colour needs to suit.

I've thought about contacts but just not a big fan of putting things on my eye. The check ups I need to go through during my eye test is bad enough. I in no way want my eyes lasered either, I've seen how that's done, no way in hell am I going through that.

3. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i don't think glasses look good on anyone tbh, and im yet to see any that do

4. Luca00

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, it depends on the person: to some, it just gives that little touch that make them more attractive, but on some it doesn't really work. Depends also of the model. Anyways, I don't think that they're the thing that would make me fall in love with someone/be a complete turn off.

5. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think my glasses help me look nerdy and possibly more interesting than before glasses.

6. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since i'm short sighted i need glasses also since i was a baby i've had problems with my eyes.

No I don't think they make anyone less attracrtive infact i feel like they make people more attractive

#86 sonic1337111, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  7. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I don't like my glasses on me, which why I wear contacts most of the time but in general I don't find glasses unattractive. It can be flattering really, I think it depends on each person & the glasses individually. Tbh I probably wouldn't mind how I look like with glasses if I got a new pair instead of these old ones I have now lmao

8. L0ser

I like my glasses, can't stand contacts, so I hope glasses are attractive, lol. Mine certainly aren't going anywhere.

#88 L0ser, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  9. Paxana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wear em, and I think people who wear them are cute, especially feminine men :slight_smile:

10. gaynonsense

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't hate glasses. I've never met someone where i thought they would look better without them, and I've met people who look better with. I personally wear glasses, and I really like the, I feel more confident in them, and they've become a staple of my wardrobe. I've heard people say that I look better without, but I say piss on them! Do whatever makes you more comfortable!

I also want to say that glasses become infinitely better if they match the personality of the person wearing them. For example: I'm a bit of a nerd, and I wear large rimmed "nerd" glasses. I don't think anyone has really thought anything bad about that, but I think they suit my personality well. That's why I like them so much.

#90 gaynonsense, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2017
  11. Nerdyandconfuse

Think it really depends on the individual. My family said I look better in contacts since my eyes are big(ish?) and once I put on my glasses the frame pulls away all the attention to my eyes. Although I find a lot of people with glasses attractive, granted that they have the right frame to match their appearance. In most cases I find square black frames to be simple yet still fashionable.

12. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I don't think someone is less attractive just because they wear glasses. When I meet someone new, and they wear glasses, my mind takes a snapshot of them as is and then they just look weird without glasses :lol: So no, I don't think glasses make someone less attractive