1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are my feelings fair? boyfriend problems...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by IrishBuddha6, Apr 25, 2017.

1. IrishBuddha6

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I met my boyfriend online and we've been together now for six months. He recently told me that while we were talking online before we went on our first date, he was dating other people. I kinda had a feeling he was talking to other people at least so it didn't bother me right away but what really gets to me now is that two of these individuals he started talking to and dating after we FaceTimed for the first time: one of them who he eventually started fooling around with and the other he dated two days before our first date. Now I should clarify first date as really first in person date and while he asked me to be his boyfriend on the second date, we call our anniversary on the first date because according to him "it was more than a first date" I agree because I knew he was really special before I met him. However this has been bothering me for months now and it won't go away. I'm mostly bothered by the fact he was fooling around with someone he met after we started talking even though he knew we would eventually meet (we facetimed for about a month because we were a bit far from each other and had busy schedules). I mean he said he didn't love me yet but my God our messages were filled with heart melting and obsessive themes like hearts being drawn with our initial and idk I mean us sharing that we had really special feelings about each other. It just feels like that was thrown away and then he told me that he meant everything he said online and that I was always number one in his books and that he was planning on dropping everything once we met. We shared our first I love you son the forth date I mean it all happened fast.

I realize there's little to be done but with the pace we were moving I guess I just thought we'd wait or if we were dating we weren't just gonna start being that intimate with others. It just feels unfair and I know it's unfair for me to feel this way but I almost feel justified if I cheated. I'm not planning on it but like it just feels like unfair that he doesn't feel accountable at all and know he's sorta holding me from exploring everything else. Like idk I guess I just want him to feel how I feel. I know a bit of jealousy in a relationship is normal, as I'm jealous of his sexual past which I'm totally accepting of fine of though but this situation is different and it just feels like I possess all the jealousy, like he has me wrapped around his finger. I really really love, I don't want to lose him but I don't know what to do anymore nor how to makes these feeling go away, I already felt like I was starting to fall in love with him from the first time I facetimed with him and he told me that first date was more than a first date....it just feels wrong. It's one thing if he was already dating the guy but he started doing this after we started facetiming...

Any advice? I don't know what to do; I've already talked with him and he loves me he said but that he didn't love me yet and that we weren't official at that time

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey IrishBuddha6,

I'm a little confused. Are you saying that your bf voluntarily told you (recently) about his activities prior to the two of you becoming a couple - before the two of you had even actually met in person - and the two of you have discussed how that made you feel, but you are still unhappy with him about this?

And when did the two of you decide to be in an exclusive relationship? Or didn't the two of you ever formally discuss that?

#2 Quantumreality, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  3. IrishBuddha6

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yep he voluntarily told me recently out of the blue (I didn't ask him and tbh I didn't want to know) I agree that it's on me to get over this, I'm not trying to place the blame of the world on him. However it's just hurtful a bit since our first date according to him was more than a first date, and idk I mean our conversation then was just like wonderful, but we weren't official I get it so he didn't do anything wrong and rules apply starting in our anniversary. But dating is also not about rules and contract but common sense and if he said it was always me and always me first, what were his intentions in doing this, he's just so extremely possessive of me and gets jealous when I get go out with friends. Also he cheating comment I made was far fetched I agree, I love him and couldn't do that. Sorry for the confusion and yes we have talked about this, I kinda wish he didn't tell me

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, IrishBuddha6, it kinda sounds like you just needed to get this off of your chest. No harm, no foul. (Unless you cheat on him now, although you indicated that you didn't real mean that when you wrote it.)

But it also sounds like you know that you just have to move on from this. Appreciate his honesty and work on keeping constant, open 2-way communication in your relationship with him. It sounds like he needs to get over some of his possessiveness of you, as well. You have a life, too, and have to be able to have friends who are not necessarily mutual friends. That's just normal living.

I doubt I've really helped you at all, but I wish the two of you all the best!:slight_smile: