1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Donald Trumps shoves Montenegro´s President out of the way for photo op

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by KyleD, May 25, 2017.

1. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Trump pushes aside Montenegro´s Prime Minister for photo op.

[YOUTUBE]th1lVACgc-s[/YOUTUBE]

#1 KyleD, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
  2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The worst part about shoving that particular prime minister is that Montenegro is the newest addition to NATO - to politely showcase the successful integration of Montenegro into the alliance against Russia's will would have been a powerful show of 1) NATO's commitment to its smaller members and Balkan security, most importantly, 2) NATO's strength in comparison to Russia and its capacity to adapt and expand to nations threatened by Russian interference.

3. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Trump probably does not even know that Montenegro is a country. :icon_bigg

4. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What a creep

5. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What a guy!

6. Hunter8

Okay, so yes, it LOOKS like he shoved the prime minister. But after watching the clip a few times, I'm not 100% sure that's what he's doing. Knowing Trump, he's probably guilty of the push, but in a spirit of fairness, the clip could possibly look worse than it actually was. Trump has the poise of a bull in an antique shop unfortunately, so it could've just been a matter of bad spacing and timing. The prime minister also didn't look offended, which makes me wonder.

7. silverdeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That video is really weird to watch since every time I have seen the clip it was from a different angle where you could see what Trump was doing better.

Anyways it's no surprise to me that he would do something like this.

#7 silverdeer, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
  8. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh he knows, or should know. If it wasn't for Trump Montenegro wouldn't have even become a NATO member in the first place. On April 30th, Trump signed off on Montenegro becoming a NATO member, despite it being a move that was strongly opposed by Russia. This is probably one reason the Montenegro prime minister claimed he didn't take offense by it. (at least in public) Trump also is allowing US troops to participate in an upcoming NATO exercise in another small NATO member country near Russia, again strongly opposed by Putin. It's not a large exercise like the earlier ones in other countries, it's just the idea of it. I don't think Trump cares about who in particular he has to shove out of the way for a photo op, simply because he is Trump.

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh trump :lol:

10. DoriaN

"Shove"

This is news?

11. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Your president clearly has no manners. But I will go hide in a corner now, since my chancellor has the charisma of a squirell that was run over by a car 3 days ago.

12. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A personal affront to a head of government, let alone in this sensitive context, is always news.

#12 Aussie792, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
  13. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is it wrong that I find this completely hilarious?
    Trump's entire personality described in a few seconds. Very gif worthy.
    I mean just like, when you're the school bully, and the nerd gets in your way:
    [​IMG]

14. DoriaN

I mean, I don't see it as a personal affront at all, it looked like the other guy moved mostly of his own volition because it's a normal reaction when people get tapped or braced in that way to recoil/move back. If you watch the guy he moves back a little, then smiles and resumes his demeanour. Unless he actually issues a statement I really wouldn't read so much into this.
    It's like what next, will Trump sneeze too close to someone?

15. Sleeping Owl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perfect ^^

#15 Sleeping Owl, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
  16. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nobody's saying it's an act of force or violence. But it is rude to brush somebody, who happens to be a prime minister, to the side without acknowledging his existence so you can get to the front of the photo-op. The prime minister was obviously not going to make a fuss - it would be even more embarrassing. He and the rest of the heads of government look quite bemused at Trump's behaviour. There are much higher standards of politeness for a president surrounded by heads of state and government than there are for an ordinary person in a crowd.

It's much like his handshakes. In the absence of substantive insights into his thinking, physical acts can indicate problems. In this case, his dismissive attitude toward NATO and an insensitivity to diplomatic protocol.

If you want proper news, though, perhaps it'd be good to discuss his haranguing of European NATO members for not spending enough by falsely stating small defence budgets amount to a debt to the US rather than emphasising it as a security necessity (not a very persuasive strategy) and his refusing to commit to Article 5 sparking the German government's statement that the EU will have to rely on and cooperate with America less in the future.

17. jdrhys

Trump is an embarrassment on all levels. He's a buffoon who has no idea that few of us live in his crazy world. But I had no idea how quickly a new president could wreak severe havoc on our government. I find it very disturbing that he wreaks such havoc without really understanding what he's done. But I remain absolutely convinced that he won't serve for an entire term. In fact, it's beginning to sound like he may not even make it through his first year.

18. RedTrekkie95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've heard that the democrats in congress want to impeach him. Even some republicans are for the notion.

Someone already tried to assassinate him at one of his speeches. It's only a matter of time before it happens again if he doesn't change his ways.

19. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Trump can obviously do no wrong in your eyes. The fact that you can suggest that the man made way for Trump tells me you have no objectivity whatsoever. That was a big shove and obviously the man would smile in embarrassment because he is shocked by the uncouth behaviour of the President of the United States.

---------- Post added 30th May 2017 at 04:29 PM ----------

Oh I see. Thanks for the explanation.

#19 KyleD, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  20. DoriaN

I don't care about Trump at all, that's why I'm being objective, I don't see this as big of a deal as others are making it be it he or someone else. It's like unless you're hating Trump somehow a person must magically love him.
    Believe it or not I don't have any like or dislike for Trump, I care about him as a human being to same the extent I care about everyone, but this topic is genuinely very silly in my eyes. Suppose I should know better here though.
    Maybe it's from how I was brought up but imo when there are much much larger issues in the world and actual news stories that deserve to be made more public than this, it cannot help but come across as something more petty and weak, simple as that.