1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

control freak??

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CL1990, May 26, 2017.

1. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all,

this is a bit of a broad one but I just wanted to see if anyone has the same feeling as me. I have the feeling I always have to anticipate everything that happens to me, and if the best possible outcome doesn't happen to me I get angry.

This has been triggered because there is someone im interested in at work that is a stranger to me but due to some social event we have both signed up to randomly, it might be a good opportunity to get to meet her and actually have a conversation (whether she turns out to be gay or not). I was really happy with this but now im kind of gutted because we have been assigned to different teams in this event. the thing is that the outcome is still positive because we are going to be part of something but I cant help feel frustrated and angry.

this is an example but could be applied to any aspect of my life. If things don't turn out EXACTLY how I want them to be I get upset. any advice

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I for one had to deal with quite a bit of anger issues that had built up over time while I was living behind the emotional wall. Once I started my journey of self actualization, I found my anger became more manageable. Such that, I was talking with a work mate just earlier today and he commented on how he never sees me angry anymore and said I have calmed down massively.

Anger was built when I was not living authentically. Once I started to, the anger diminished. It did not happen overnight. It has taken time, but it does work!