1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Past, present and future

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unlovedbi, May 25, 2017.

1. Unlovedbi

So I guess it's because I'm a hopeless romantic or it's just a part of my personality, but I've had moments where I'd dream of living with someone that I love and having a family with them.

I look at shows like the fosters and I think about it. I'd wonder if I would carry or if my partner would carry. Maybe this post is wooo way out there, but it's part of my dilemma. I want a future and I want a family. I do want to be a mother as well, but ugh this whole situation just messes me up. I just want love and to be family oriented. I love it. I love family.

As a matter of fact. My ex had two kids. I became the provider and those kids loved me. I truly hate what happened but, I know that I'd be a good care taker. Becoming a mom is something I want, but as time passes it seems less possible. Does anyone else dream of a family or want to marry their partner and have a family or is that way too out there for you to think about?

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a hopeless romantic too. I could never physically have a child as its one of the few things that makes me squeamish. The pictures of a baby growing just seem so alien.

I've never really thought as far as marriage. I just want to meet a woman who's loves me for who I am and spend the rest of my life making her happy.

However I would totally be open for meeting a woman with children or who wanted them (if she was younger than me)

3. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I feel lost in my life right now. I feel like I'm too young to think about that stuff right now.

4. uniquebutunsure

I think about stuff like the fosters too. I had it all planned out. My ex was leena and i was steph. Sadly she dumped me and said she had found god. It just really upsets me sometimes. And i cant talk to my parents about it because theyll freak. Its just hard sometimes.

5. Unlovedbi

I actually ended my relationship with my ex because I felt too guilty and I wanted to seek God... But I never stopped loving her... in fact for 2 years... I've just never stopped loving her, but she moved on and I don't blame her. She said that she was blinded though that's our belief...anyway... I truly believe that I would of married her... I'm that in love with her... sigh listen to me. Pathetic. I gotta move on. Anyway... yeah i'd like a family... someday

#5 Unlovedbi, May 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2017
  6. Lazuri

I actually have a son, but with an ex.

I used to be more about the whole polysexual thing, but since I started taking hormones, that interest disappeared. Now I mostly just want somebody to love and for them to love me back.

7. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    There was someone in a youtube video saying:
    "You possible don't want kids until you meet the right person that makes you think about it."

Or something similar along those lines, i can't remember the exact words.
    The point is, i could agree to that sentence and
    knowing there are so many kids alone whit no familymember at all;
    i would likely only go for adoption or foster to adopt when the time comes.

I don't get those parents who put pressure or guilt-tripping there adult kids
    to make them biology grandparents and/or are against adoption.

I understand wanting 1 biology child, but not parents being totally against adoption or
    not even considering it when someone ask about maybe adopting the 2/3 kid.

I always wonder if it's because of the TVmedia, society expectation or the conservative viewpoint
    the parents got from there parents to value adopted children less most of the time?

#7 Fishtail, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
  8. Sienrar

Of course, I like imagining someone that I love and who loves me back. That would be totally awesome. Like most kids my age, I don't really want kids, but who knows if that'll change or not?

9. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely guilty of this. I am much more of a romantic than I pretend not to be.

As a transguy I tend to see a lot of issues with my future and the hope of a spouse or family. Honestly I would love to be a father. I'd love to have a husband or wife I can start a family with - though it'd have to be through either surrogacy or adoption. If I were to marry a ciswoman, I couldn't give her kids. If I were to marry a man, I couldn't carry children. So for me, biological children would be very difficult if not impossible.

But still a part of me wants to be married and live well into old age with the person I love. And to see my kids grow up, and have families of their own. It'd be a dream come true but, the harsh truth is, I'll likely die a bachelor.

I watch the films like La La Land or Disney romances, and in a way it hurts because I know I can't have that kind of beautiful, normal life.

10. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A "normal life" it's always beautiful, if i think of all the kids who have to call the children-helpline
    cause the teachers/authority adults don't believe they have abusing/neglecting hetero parents.

Or the kids who are on waitinglist for fosterfamily/fostercare for years cause the teen/young mothers
    with no support from (mostly) the hetero fathers and/or family make them give up on the kid
    and most adults only wants to adopt babies.

I specifically don't write how many kids call the helpline or are on the wanting-list for fosterfamily.:icon_sad:

#10 Fishtail, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
  11. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A "normal live" isn't always beautiful, * correcting*

12. Flowey

I dreamed of having a nice family with kids once, when I was still in a relationship. What that relationship, so did that dream. Now I honestly don't feel anything in my heart about having that perfect gay family.

13. Lazuri

It's true. I've never really been much for it, but then you suddenly speak to somebody who changes everything.

Suddenly you want that house with the white picket fence, you don't mind the idea of being a house wife and suddenly you want those kids; everything just falls into place.

About the biological kids VS adoption, though; it's not really societal conditioning per se, it's just that the urge to leave a genetic marker in the world is pretty much the strongest one that we have. Ensure the lineage and all that shit.

14. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

When I first saw the name of this topic I thought it was funny since it reminded me of a CD called The Chick Corea New Trio - Past, Present & Futures. It was made in 2001 but did you get that topic name from this CD? I really liked this Jazz music back when I was 16 I remember.

15. photoguy93

I do. I am a hopeless romantic and want a beautiful wedding and kids and that fun family life. I just doubt it'll happen.

I've been out for close to 10 years and I haven't really had a real relationship. When I'm on dating apps, I either get the weird guys or the guys that I have NO interest in. The guys I want? They have absolutely no interest in me.

I can't imagine that it'll change and get better, so I'm just continuing to work towards a time and place where I can accept being without a mate.