1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supergirl

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by enbybean, May 3, 2017.

1. enbybean

i hope that this isn't an existing thread, but i wanted to know if anyone was into the cw's supergirl? the last few episodes have made me really emotional and none of my friends watch (even though it's queer).

what do you like about it? what are your headcanons? what do you think about sanvers? supercorp (luvers)? mon-hell?

let's talk about supergirl because it's gr8!!!!!! :icon_bigg

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha I have been watching it wil my girlfriend she is completely in love with Alex haha

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cried so much over the last episode. I'm in love with Sanvers. And Alex. It's funny, the first moment they met I just went "I ship it!" but I didn't really expect it to happen until it did. Everything about them is perfect. I ship Supercorp too, so much, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I hate Mon-El. I hate his relationship with Kara. I think they were going for a "He's a jerk but people can change" angle with it and it was just way too abrupt and he got away with things that he absolutely shouldn't have. I also hate that it was his conversation with Winn ("She's your girlfriend. You should listen to her") that changed Mon-El's mind, not anything that Kara said.

4. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a few episodes behind but I've had a thing for Katie McGrath for ages so I'm really glad she's in it more

5. SassyJ

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love Supergirl! I just started watching it earlier this year because I was seeing posts on tumblr about the Alex and Maggie storyline and felt the need to watch it. I'm glad I did.

6. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg that last episode, my heart just exploded when alex and maggie were talking about those firsts!!!! Although I do love the tension between kara and lena, I ship her with Mon-El, sorry :wink:

7. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Alex's coming out arc made me so emotional :*) she's so adorable + Maggie is so perfect!

8. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love Sanvers and I ship Kara x Mon-El so hard ;-;

9. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm currently in the middle of Season 1 on DVD. I'm liking it, though it's far from my favorite show. I don't watch the new episodes, because, and I can't believe no one has really picked up on the irony so much, it's on at the same day and time as Gotham.

10. enbybean

UGH thank you for saying that. i've seen so much discourse (essentially discussion with a hint of arguing - depends) on tumblr about this man-hell situation, and the finale was a blessing. i hope he doesn't come back, tbh.

to be honest, sanvers seemed like such a crackship thing, like korrasami (if you know what that is), but then it happened and my heart went "!!!!!!!!!" and then, the finale.... aaaaaaaa it feels like a dream.

11. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've seen a little bit of that too. I laughed so much when he had to leave. I hope he doesn't come back too.

Yes, exactly like Korrasami. I quit Legend of Korra mid-season two and I couldn't believe it when I heard they'd become canon. I love it so much. THE FINALE. I think it's too soon for a proposal--they only said "I love you" for the first time, what, two or three episodes ago?--but I'm so happy I don't really care.

12. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hands down the best Avatar ship in the entire extended universe! (!)

13. enbybean

i shipped korrasami back when it was like a suuuuuper crackship thing to do, just because there weren't any f/f pairings otherwise. plus, korra seemed super bi/pan and asami was cute. i really needed representation back then.

i get what you're saying about the proposal. it seems so sudden, but what i like about it is the fact that they'd do that with a m/f couple. do a proposal just a couple episodes after they say "i love you" for the first time? totally a straight media thing.

the difference between this and other shows/movies that do the same thing are the circumstances. alex and maggie have dangerous jobs and live dangerous lives. things are always changing, new threats emerge, and their mortality has become all-too-evident this season. time is of the essence. because of this, why not get proposed?

yeah, it's rushed but i also get it too in a way :grin:

14. Flowey

Not really into it. But I watch it anyway. Kara is flat, her sister is flat, her sister's girlfriend is flat and annoying (Oh gosh I wished a piano drop on her during the valentine episode) most of the cast are flat. Mon-el is a caricacture of anti-feminist and Kara's boss is an annoying piece of diva shit. The only one interesting is Lena Luthor.
    Let drop Supergirl and make a series on the Luthors :icon_bigg

15. enbybean

well, everyone's entitled to their opinion! while i agree mon-el really sucks and seems to be the antithesis of the show's feminist values. i think cat grant is a badass and has taught kara some really important lessons. alex and maggie's story has been one of the most important coming out stories on television and has helped a ton of people navigate their own identities, which i appreciate.

doesn't save the show from critique though, you're right.

i wasn't into it until season 2 anyways because of the "flatness" or "brightness" of the show which, to me, didn't seem realistic. but i guess the target audience is still pretty young? like tweens/young teens? and when i think about it that way, the tone makes a lot more sense to me and i can appreciate it more.

i do, however, think it's matured a lot over this last season alone.

:eusa_danc: eusa_danc: eusa_danc

P.S. cool username! i love undertale

16. LittleStargazer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sanvers is life :heart: :kissing_heart: I started to watch Supergirl 'cause I was searching for shows with female lead characters, season 1 was great 'bout that, 2 not so female, huh? Mon-El focus was really boring in my opinion, the common white male that you can find in any TV show, dull :unamused: nothing that I haven't seen before, Kara x Mon-El was just another straight couple that I couldn't bring myself to ship, lol I miss Cat Grant now and thought that they should get rid off Mon-El and bring more James 'cause, well, he's a great character, and they won't make Kara anything other than straight, it's CW... Even if Lena and Kara have chemistry :cupid:
    I think they rushed Sanvers 'cause the series isn't about them at all, 2-3 minutes each episode really sucked, I just wanted Sanvers to be endgame to be honest, I really like Maggie and Alex and I think they make a wonderfull badass couple :heart::hugging: but then the bomb on Floriana's twitter about Maggie being a one season characther thing come up and the fandom started to go crazy, I myself too, 'cause, you know, lesbian couples can't have a happy ending for once?? =_= Dunno what's going to happen, I got really invested, I usually care more about characters than the plot, I just hope to see more of Danvers sisters, they're adorable and so strong! And I'm also crossing my fingers for Sanvers to be endgame :fingers_crossed:Rao forbid if they put Alex with another character, I wouldn't even be able to watch anymore, yes, I'm like that, lol, same happened after Lexa died in the 100, I quited to watch more fast than the flash is able to run to the bathroom :laughing: