1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Monster Ball Detroit

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BeautifulStranger, Jan 2, 2010.

1. BeautifulStranger

Alright
    So many of you have probably seen my original post about going, and then those of you on Facebook probably followed up on my dramatic posts of ticket mishaps and not going.
    So for months I was convinced I wasn't going. Which was fine, except for this annoying freshman in my class who kept bragging about her tickets and such.
    I mean, she really bugged me. She hardly knows Lady GaGa, it's her first concert and in the past she wasn't allowed to go to a Blink 182 concert for things she'd be exposed to. Ridiculous, right?
    Lady GaGa concerts would expose her to worse...

ANYWAYS, I saw on my friend's status (who also had tickets) that there had been a venue change and all previous ticket holders now didn't have tickets. The status also went on to say that her new venue had already sold out.
    I was ecstatic for this girl who wouldn't be going... so I told my mom casually about it since I had been venting to her about this girl often.

Well, my mom and I are taking down our Christmas tree when she gets up, leaves and comes back with an envelope. She tells me she wants me to open it.
    I thought it'd be a letter or a check or something like that.

They were front row center tickets for the mezzanine at GaGa's concert on the 12th... at the original venue.
    I was speechless and I still am quite shocked. I mean, my mom got the impossible tickets. Like, GaGa tickets are going for more than Frozen Four (a BIG hockey tournament) tickets, which my parents won't going to since they splurged on these GaGa tickets for my birthday.
    So I look up and my mom is bawling hysterically. She's saying ridiculous things like, "I messed up" or "I should've been paying more attention to news about it".
    I could not believe she was saying such stupid things.

I'm incredibly disappointed in the concert. They switched venues for the dumbest reason. The Fox Theatre isn't large enough to accommodate GaGa's set.
    Seriously? They didn't think about something like this?
    But the worst part is seeing my mother break down over this stupid concert and the tickets. She's still convinced she did something wrong.

I'm unbelievably pissed with the Fox Theatre for not thinking about this and making my mom so upset.

So basically, if you're attending The Monster Ball and the show ISN'T in an arena... Keep your eyes open for a venue change.

2. olides84

First off, how unbelievably sweet of your mom to get you those tickets.
    Are you sure it's totally sold out - I would think they would block off some so that existing ticket holders can exchange them for new ones. But if you get shafted, don't blame the theatre, blame Gaga's promoter because I'm sure they are the ones who simply wanted to move it to an arena to sell more tickets/make more money.

3. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*)

I'm sorry to hear that. As someone who lives in Detroit, their excuse for cancelling the show is pretty lousy. It's not like the Fox Theater is tiny. But it was awesome of your mom to get the tickets. She sounds really cool. :icon_bigg

4. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am jealous of your mother. Mine won't let me go unless I pay for the tickets myself. DX *scrambles money together*
    Either way, they're practically sold out now.

5. ohkbye

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    OK The Fox Theatre is BEAUTIFUL and the Joe Louis Arena is like a big public bathroom. I am very angry because i had third row seats at the Fox and now i have shitty seats at a shittier place. I am utterly sad.

6. Beachboi92

1) shit happens it blows but hey there will be other opportunities always the possibility of a little drive to get to the concert (i had to drive 10 hours to see her :x)
    2) your mom is clearly amazing and right now all you should be worried about is letting her know its not at all her fault and she has no reason to be upset as long as she got her money back :wink: