1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady Gaga was a no show at the oscars?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beachboi92, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Beachboi92

I didn't watch but i googled and could not for the life of me find a picture of her or even word of wether she was or was not there :frowning2: i wanted to see what crazy fashion she would be sporting :x
    I did see one person saying they got tweets saying she looked fabulous but i can't find it :frowning2: anyone got any info, i'm a little goo goo for Gaga and want to know xD

2. Shevanel

Don't see why she should be there in the first place.

3. You didn't see her in The Hurt Locker?

4. Beachboi92

well i figured like the grammy's where there are more than just people in the music biz there would be more than just people in movies there..... Plus they where releasing the info about her new music video at the Oscars apparently....

5. Shevanel

I highly doubt she's a member of the Academy. xD

6. They did, one of the E! minions said the video would premiere on there on Thursday.

7. RaeofLite

Gaga: God bless the gays.
    Academy: :confused:
    Gaga: I'd like to also thank the Academy-
    Someone in the Academy: She doesn't even go here!
    Another person in the Academy: Do you even go here?
    Gaga: Er.. no...
    Academy: Leave... just leave...

Reference aside, Lady Gaga is cool, but music is her school. :slight_smile:

8. Phantasma

This.

She's got nothing to do with the movie world, she had no reason to be there.

As for the details of her new music video.. that wasn't being released by the people at the oscars themselves, it was a commercial premiered by one of the channels during the commercials between segments. So no direct connection to the Oscars.

9. Zach1992

Nicole Ritchie was there...

10. Beachboi92

I would think people who don't mingle in the movie bizz could manage to attend the oscars especially if it is anything like the Grammies. My mom has a friend who is a lawyer who lives in florida that went to the Grammies so i figure there are similar situations where famous people can attend the Oscars even if they are not directly involved in film, although i'd bet she knows someone in the movie bizz by now....

regardless i just wanted to know if anyone knew for sure wether she was there or def not, i heard a few things saying yes but so far nothing saying no. Apparently some people tweeted about it so idk i just wanted to see what crazy thing she had on if she was there.... So if anyone has something on the subject of either, i heard she was or know she wasn't there, that's what i'd like to know or a link to a pic or something xD i just really love to see what she wears to different occasions :slight_smile:

and Raeoflight i am pretty sure when asked if she went there Gaga would respond
    "I just have a lot of crazy, crazy awesomeness ohhhhhh" but that is just my opinion :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. mm91

:roflmao: Oh lord. That made my night....and probably will make my day again tomorrow when I randomly remember it. Mean Girls FTW......Rachel McAdams FTW!

Anywho....yeah the Oscars aren't really like the Grammys. I think the only reason is that in music you don't have the same amount of cast and crew as you do in a movie. A LOT of people have to be at the Oscars. I wouldn't mind seeing Gaga there though.

The ladies on The View were talking about how no one really goes for the shock and awe like Bjork..... somehow they've forgotten Lady Gaga :lol:

12. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She was probably there, she was probably just dressed as one of the set pieces or something :slight_smile:

13. Sylver

:roflmao: Ya never know...

14. frostreaver

She was there because Joel Madden was the house DJ.

And yes, GaGa doesn't have a reason to be there.

15. dromadus

dromadus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I don't think that tickets would be on sale for the Oscars do you? And it didn't look like there was a really huge audience. I think these celebrities like a measure of privacy from the general public even when some of that "general public" are musical stars in their own right.

Now, if it was the Emmy's it would be different. I went one year myself and saw Brad Pit :love: sitting next to Jennifer Aniston.

But the Academy Awards is an event all in a class by itself. I'm not sure what other events match the caliber of this one: Superbowl? Presidential Election Results? Trial of Pee Wee Herman?

Nope

16. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :lol:

17. Helen

Helen Guest

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: That just made my evening. :')

But I don't understand why people just seem to...EXPECT...certain people to be there, just because they're famous. There are different types of famous, after all...musicians have no need to be at any kind of movie awards ceremony, unless they were involved in composing or something. XD

18. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's an event where women get dressed up and people talk about what they wear. In short, she should've been there. And the awards suffered for her absence.

Maybe she wore a cloak of invisibility.

Lex

19. Beachboi92

Lex u made my day haha

20. Just Adam

i agree with everyone who says why should she be there... and last time i saw her she was being all spaced out and dappy on jonathan ross's show.

as for the awards i cant believe avatar lost to hurt locker its such bs. dont get me wrong hurt lockers good but it only one cos the critics wanted to screw over the big films and show how great they are.