1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd EC Talent Contest!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Micah, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micah

Empty Closet Talent Contest 2
    Digital Imagery​

After the success of our first art competition and the awesome work it produced, we've decided to run another one!

This contest will be a Digital Visual Art contest. Participants will Design your own Windows wallpaper (screen background image) for 'Empty Closets'. You can include anything you like in your design, as long as it suggests Empty Closets generally or what Empty Closets means to you - Keeping in mind that it cannot contain any images that would not be suitable for under-18's.

Theme: The theme is a little broader this time, with the only restriction being that your wallpaper image must relate back to Empty Closets somehow. However, you can also submit a brief description (one or two sentences) explaining how your design reflects your feelings about Empty Closets. This will be displayed with your entry.

This allows you to really explore any aspect of Empty Closets that you like without worrying that others won't understand what you are trying to "say" with your image.

Media: The image should be produced on the computer (using programs such as photoshop, paint, etc). The size of your wallpaper image should be 1280 by 1024 pixels (which is the standard resolution of 17" TFT displays). You may use images from other sources (such as photos), however the overall image should mostly be "your own work".

• You cannot just find a single image, resize it and enter it
    • You can take a single image and do some work on it to make it your own
    • You can assemble a montage of images from different sources
    • You can of course design your own image from a blank page

Time Frame The competition will run for 1 month, closing on the 18th of February. All entries must be submitted before this date.

Submission:
    All work should be submitted to the following email address, along with the title of the picture and your Empty Closets user name:
    [email protected]. [Note: ".net" not ".com"]

Please note: By submitting an entry, you are stating that it is entirely your work, and not someone else's. You are also giving Empty Closets permission to host the image for judging. One entry per person - if you send more than one, we will ask which one you want to submit.

Judging: Once everyone has submitted their entries, the images (along with the descriptions) will be hosted. Each pictures' artist will remain anonymous until the judging is over. Judging will be done via a poll in the Forums, much like Contest 1.

Prize:
    Winner(s) of the competition will receive the unique forum title "EC Competition Winner". This allows you to store up to 1000 Private Messages, send a Private Message to up to 20 people at a time, and store up to 20MB of images in your gallery. The number of winners will be determined by the number of entries. The more people that enter, the more winners there will be.

So get digitally painting (lol)!

2. Micah

If you don't have a decent graphic design program like Photoshop, you can download a program called GIMP. It's a free, photoshop-like program that will be useful.

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

4. William1

I use Paint Shop Pro 7 which I downloaded as a freebee like two years ago. I dunno if it is still available for download, but it's dead easy to use.

Just Google. :icon_bigg

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

This contest has been running for nearly two weeks so far, and it's been very quiet. Of course this may well be because several of you are already busily creating your masterpieces and don't want to say what you're up to.

Anyway this is just a reminder that the contest is here and you have until 18th Feb to get your entries in. Still plenty of time, but it could be over before you know it!

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Just bumping this as there are only five days to go now. I have one entry so far.

7. tired_of_lying411

I've had so much going on lately... It's been crazy. I'll try to submit something, i just haven't been over-flowing with creativity lately :frowning2:

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

This competition has now closed. Only one entry was received, from Dave, who said that as a mod he was doing it for fun and did not want it to be entered. Dave will probably put his entry in his gallery in due course.

I will start a new thread later for ideas for further talent contests, if indeed we bother to do any more.

9. Micah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.