Blushing Problem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dewey, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Dewey

A few weeks back, my teacher introduced me to a really good looking Japanese exchange student to whom I have never met before. I was in the middle of eating a celery stick (of all foods!) when she (my teacher) came up to me and said "this is *blank*, he's the new exchange student". And from there, I felt my face go beet-red and I covered it with my hand. I said stupidly in desperation "Oh, so he's the new one?" and she said "yes!". All I could do was cover my face and laugh awkwardly! After she said yes, I said "Hi!" and the bell rang...

Anyway guys, the whole reason I wanted to tell this story is because whenever I meet even a slightly attractive guy I blush and talk like a lunatic. Even if I know the persons straight and there's no hope for me. My question is, does this happen to anyone else? And if so, how do you deal with it? I'd love to know that I'm not the only one! Thanks ppl =D

2. DaRiceBowl

haha i blush as red as a.....red thing all the time.

if you have a tannish face the blush might not show as much, but you could probably pass it off
    as your celery time being interrupted.

PS. I <3 celery. ever try it with nutella?

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend become a blathering idiot if I'm around a girl I really like. I say the stupidest things, talk way too fast, blush, you name it. If I can, I'll take myself away for a minute or two, have a drink of water, take a few deep breaths, and rehearse a few things to say that won't make me sound like a stoned monkey. Give that a try, it could work.

4. Greggers

I dont tend to blush, but my eyes widen, i get a goofy smile, and all i can do is stare directly at the guy and sigh. I fall head over heels, literally, when i see a guy i find attractive.

With blushing, it helps to distract your mind with sad thoughts if your worried about the blushing showing. At least its worked for me whenever i emberess myself cause thats when i blush heh. Or, you can always blame it on being emberesed or hot.

5. VanceA

I get more and more sarcastic, which depending on their personality may not go so well, as my sarcasm can boarder on insulting sometimes.

6. ArabMan

On my end, I have tanned/darker skin, so whenever I blush, I feel it but it doesn't show :slight_smile: But yes, I do "blush" as well, you're not the only one.

I guess I'm lucky, only I know when I'm blushing lol I just get quieter for a while and I can find a random excuse...

Try tanning salons? lol just kidding...

7. Just Adam

hehe i think blushings cute i jsut get awkward and nervous lol

8. HalfInsane

I don't really blush about anything. But if I do happen to start talking to a really attractive girl, I often get a sort of goofy grin pasted across my face. I typically try to force it into a more welcoming smile, though... although that doesn't always work.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't blush, but I can get flustered. I find it helps to focus on "the task at hand". For instance, in your circumstance, I'd think "What are some things I could ask this student? 'How long will you been in Canada?' 'What is your hometown?' 'How do you like things here so far?'." Giving myself a "project", such as it is, tends to keep me from getting flustered.

Lex

10. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I blush so easily, it's horrible, though not so much with girls I like as just with everyone. Class presentations, guess what colour my face is, the WHOLE time, including (when we know what order we are in at least) the five minutes before my turn and five minutes after. As soon as a teachers asks me a question, red, they talk to me at all, red, even if I just think about getting asked a question in class, red. What is worse is that as soon as I see a guy with out a shirt on (this, not surprisingly happens more often than me seeing a girl without a shirt on unfortunately) I blush, I don't even know why, but I do... I also blush when I laugh, even if I just chuckle a bit. My bio teacher, when he wasn't calling me miss Saskatchewan, he would call me miss tomato. We were talking about vasodialation and constriction, as soon as he said "this is what happens when you blush" I turned bright red. He then, of course, went on to notify the class of what a great example of this I make, making me blush even more.
    I sympathize. I can only be grateful that I don't start to stammer and not make sense when I talk around people I have crushes on, I do this anyways, lol.

11. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No, just get really nervous though... but it hasn't happen at all lately to me. I don't find too many people attractive, my standards are so high, they have to be like "ideal looking". By ideal, if they can possibly be attractive to Hollywood's standards.

12. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww yeah I blush and go red all of the time, and because I think its going to happen that makes it happen even more. Not necessarily trying to talk to people I like just any awkward conversation or if I get nervous, or if people give me compliments (not that that happens very often).
    Im not sure I can offer any advice but I think it is something you learn to control a bit.

13. MyLife134

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You're not alone! lol be thankful. I'm different because when ever there is a boy i like comes near me my face stays the normal color but my ears turn red! And every time I push my hair back they can see them! lol my friends always know when i like someone because of my ears! Then again I have very high standards, and its rare at my school to find someone one who meets them! lol

14. Just Adam

blushing is cute no matter how it happens lol

15. Dewey

no i haven't XD i will now though! wow....I've never actually bought nutella before :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I do that too! But when i have known the person for a (little) while. Then, I totally turn them off by insulting them. I need to work on that xD

yeah, I'm sooo pale, so when i blush you can really see it. my face goes completely red!

Interesting! Sad thoughts just might work! But that's what I've done for fake crying though, so maybe i will think devastating thoughts a burst out crying in front of someone i like :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Waters the best XP

Blushing IS cute. But not when you don't like the person who is blushing cuz of you....i hate that :/ It makes me feel like their thinking thoughts about me. Wow that says a lot about why i blush!

have you seen what your smile looks like or do you just "feel" it?

Thats awesome advice! thanks!

I HATE speeches. But i don't blush when i do them, i just get really shaky and pale :S And i don't need someone to take their shirt off to blush, even if they stand right next to me i go red. haha

You're like my friend...but she rates people (more complicatedly than scale of 1 to 10)~

yeah, thats true, i just need to practice and put myself in those situations more.

Cool!! haha, I've never heard of that before! i wish that I could have what you have instead of blushing because then i could just say my ears are cold!

--
    After reading these comments I've realized that everyone seems to react very differently to certain situations. It makes me happy that we all have these funny quirks about ourselves.

16. TheRoof

i don't blush but my tongue just kinda twists and i can't like speak articulately. it's really rather stupid lol. plus i find it hard to look straight into the eye -_-;;

17. RENThead

oh my do i ever...
    thats how my best friend knows when i have crushes...

im like a tomato... everyone says that its cute- but i hate it...
    such a give away. (especially when im trying to convince someone i dont like them, and im bright red)

18. leonardo1145

leonardo1145 Guest

i don't blush but i have a stupid grin on my face the whole conversation. :grin:

19. Jbright

Lol i blush tooo :slight_smile: i also get all quiet and giggle alot