1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you ever date someone flamboyant?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by thebrightficus, Oct 9, 2012.

1. I don't mean physically flamboyant/stylish/etc. I mean in mannerism, would you, personally date someone flamboyant?

I was just curious because I'm flamboyant and I was wondering if that could become a problem once I want to date. Chances are probably really good that it won't, but I just wanted to ask generally as I'm curious.

2. Minamimoto_Fan

I like a guy based on whether he's got an attractive personality. I could care less on whether he's flamboyant or not. People think I'm crazy/weird so I don't have much room to talk.

In fact, I have THE biggest crush who is basically the living embodiment of many stereotypes. He's super sweet, and I could care less what people think of me if I were to go out with him.

3. Lad123

I think I would :slight_smile:

If I find someone attractive, their mannerisms do not usually bother me (within reason of course) but there is a limit to how much I can tolerate. I find some camp to be cute actually, but if he is a total diva like in your face giving it all that, I'm not so sure. I would give him a chance though.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. I am somewhat effeminate myself, so I hope someone would date me too.

In before "no, I only date people who are normal. Flamboyant people annoy me, no offense"

5. lol..ehehehe, yeah...yeah. i KNOW someone's gonna think that somewhere along the line.

HIGH-FIVE FOR FLAMBOYANCY!

6. Jared

Yeah I would, I have a huge crush on a guy right now who is rather camp. And besides I'm not super masculine myself, more in the middle.

7. NickD

Absolutely. I'm not overly flamboyant myself (of course I have my moments...), but I'll never know what I'll be attracted to in a person. I'm attracted to people sure of themselves, not necessarily to a "type."

8. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure I'd date someone a bit flamboyant. It doesn't bother me that much and can sometimes be a rather endearing characteristic. I'm hardly at all flamboyant myself though.

9. HatterMad

I would. I think I'm fall somewhere in between, but am kind of campy some days. I think it's kind of cute anyways.

10. Crazyguy

Sure, it would probably spice up this boring life!

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Already did. Not Chris Crocker flamboyant, but given he wore cover up on his skin...and glitter....yeah i dunno, good in the sack, but could've done without the flamboyancy.

12. brocub

No, I wouldn't. I can't get a hard-on for feminine/flamboyant guys.

13. AAASAS

I'd try to stay away, but I find the majority of gay guys to be flamboyant even those that don't claim to be so.

I guess if we connected enough I could do it, it's definately not my first choice.

I could not see it working out, I don't get along with fem guys, I am too brash, and rough for that too be possible. I am even too rough with girls.

14. jsmurf

I used to loathe flamboyant gay guys when I was still figuring out my sexuality and had a very narrow view. Now I've come a long way and actually am attracted to the flamboyant aesthetic in many other young men my age, but nothing excessively flamboyant OR excessively masculine :wink:

15. speedracing22

It's not really for me when it comes to dating. I like guys that act masculine and have typical guy interests. But that doesn't mean you won't meet someone.

There are lots gay guy who I am sure don't want masculine guys, but want flamboyant ones. Or who don't care either way. I wouldn't worry.

16. AAASAS

What do you mean by flamboyant anyways, because I am told I am flamboyant and eccentric all the time, but "not in a gay" way, I am just a really funny random person to be around(my voice and mannerisms are "straight"). So maybe you are confused as to what you mean.

I get told I am eccentric ALL the time, and that and flamboyant often get mixed up.

Flamboyant doesn't mean into girly things, it means you are uppity, and a happy person to be around, and confident. I make jokes with everyone around me, and generally put on a good attitude, so that actually makes me flamboyant, but it is in no way the way flamboyancy is stereotyped. I can be enthused about the stupidest things, but I still react in a straight way.

--- I think the word you and most of us mean to use is FLAMER. Flamer is borrowed from flamboyant, and kind of has gained a bad rap. I actually don't like being called flamboyant, and noticed everyone that calls me it has made sure that its not an insult.
    I am a character, and maybe you are too.

#16 AAASAS, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  17. Amicus

Absolutely. Camp delights me.

18. Flow

I can't. Just not my cup of tea.

19. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

I think real appeal always has a physical component. For example, while I often find fit, beefy men who are effeminate and have higher pitched voices 'funny' (when its extreme) I have met some ruggedly handsome, built men who whose physical appeal (and fun personalities) override their more delicate, campy, feminine traits. So yes I would, providing we clicked.

As for petite men, hairless, 'twinky' guys who are also effeminate, no I could not date them, because I would then be more masculine than them, and most likely equate their energy to that of woman. I would not find them attractive.

However is a man was attractive, petite (my build or a little smaller) hairless, but very with masculine mannerisms, I would still find him very appealing. For me the attraction cannot exist with both extremes of feminine traits. With moderate traits, I'm flexible.

#19 ArcherySet, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
  20. MichaelB

Truthfully? Probably a no. I'm still young, so it could change maybe once I've met more people, but out of all the flamboyant gay guys I know, I've never been attracted to them sexually. Get on with them brilliantly on a friendship level, but attraction just doesn't click.

Prefer more mascluine men, or men inbetween the two. I don't think I could date someone who was like Alan Carr for example... >.>