1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quake 3 Arena CE on Dell not working

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dustin Broke, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

I been having trouble trying to run Quake 3 Arena CE on my Dell X51V PDA. I did exactly what the install notes say but I get this

"The file 'Q3CE' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. You might need to reinstall or restore this file."

I have basically converted the PAK0 file already using the converter it came with and put that in the baseq3 folder. I got the PAK0 file from the full game of Quake 3 Arena on my PC so it should work fine. All I can say that even after I converted the PAK0 file it still is around 440mb so it's a big file but I used a 2GB SD card so I have enough room. The PAK0 file is updated since I was using the latest version of the game on my PC.

I have Windows Mobile 5 on my PDA now basically the original OS that came with the X51V. Also I took the libgles_cm.dll file out since my PDA has hardware acceleration.

This is what I have inside my Q3A folder on my 2GB SD card but doesn't work for some reason.

q3ce.exe
    gx.dll
    baseq3\q3config.cfg
    baseq3\pak0.pk3
    baseq3\cgamearm.dll
    baseq3\qagamearm.dll
    baseq3\uiarm.dll

2. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

I tried using WM 6.1 and it still shows the same error message. I don't know if the 6.1 version will run better than 5.0 eatherway but both don't run the game. Just wondering but does Quake 3 run better on Windows Mobile 5.0 or 6.1 Pro? That's if I do somehow make the game run that is.

3. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

I did wonder about this but I posted this question on different forums that knows more about PDA and phones but seems like over 100 people has viewed this topic but no replies. I wonder why? I asked this question on a different forums but no one replies on it. I just wanted to know how to install this game on a WM 5.0 OS on a PDA but seems like no one knows. I saw it said on the views 179 on one forums and no replies. That is really strange. I hope people aren't ignoring me on those forums.

4. BudderMC

Have you tried asking it on a proper forum for PC gaming? Maybe one dedicated to Quake?

The tech section here on EC isn't very large, and you're asking a very specific question about a rather outdated game (from what I know), so it's not unreasonable that nobody's answered it... simply because nobody has an answer to it.