1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo 3DS game recommendations

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lawRAWR, Jul 9, 2013.

1. lawRAWR

I got my 3DS XL bundle last week, white with a pre- installed version of Super Mario 3D Land on it, as my early birthday present :eusa_danc . But I was wondering if some people could recommend me some games- Oh, I really like RPGs.

I downloaded a few demos, I really liked Fire Emblem: Awakening (a highly recommended game) but I didn't really like Monster Hunter and Resident Evil (I found the latter quite difficult!) The new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game was really good in my opinion, but the storyline was nothing new to the series from what I saw. I own Pokemon Mystery Dungeon blue rescue team for the early DS, so I can see how much it has improved, however.

So I definitely will be wanting to get: Fire Emblem and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

Any others? :help:

2. Oxelotl

Well if you've ever played the Kingdom hearts games then possibly Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, although if you haven't a lot of it wouldn't make sense. Wait until the end of the year and that's another zelda game (A link between worlds). And if your looking for a puzzle game then professor layton and the miracle mask is a good choice.
    And in a few days (I think for europe anyway) Mario and Luigi Dream team is coming out, an RPG. So there's some options.

And then we've got all the eShop games and virtual console games if your looking for nostalgic goodness. And I"m sure there's some games I'm forgetting as well.

#2 Oxelotl, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  3. iAlwaysHungry

SEARCH RUNE FACTORY 4!!
    its an rpg game and its very wonderful u can learn more about it on
    Rune Factory Wiki
    rune fctory 4 is for 3Ds
    and other rune factory series are for Ps3, Ds/Dsi, and Wii
    its a really nice game
    try searchin it!! ull love it

4. DarkClarity

I'd recommend:
    - Tales of the Abyss (The 'Tales' series as a whole is pretty good)
    - Virtue's Last Reward (Not an RPG but still is a good game. Try out the demo first to see if you like it)
    - Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
    - Kid Icarus: Uprising - (A must have game if you own a 3DS [in my opinion])

I can't comment on Zelda:OoT because I haven't played it but I hear its a great game. Pokémon X and Y is coming out in October.

Anyway, I hoped I've helped and I recommend just browsing site like Ebay, Amazon and Play.com and see what you find.

5. Acobi

Acobi Guest

Animal Crossing: New Leaf. It is all you'll need!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. GrandSummoner

I definitely second every recommendation so far, the only other games I could think of are:

Etrian Odyssey (I think 4 or 5 is the 3DS one)
    You can get a demo of it if you like. It's an RPG/Dungeon Crawler a little like Class of Heroes. A cool feature about it is that you have to draw the map for each location yourself on a grid on the bottom screen, it's not hard or anything but I just really enjoy that part.

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm
    It's a rhythm game with some RPG elements, though if you haven't played one of the main Final Fantasy games you probably won't enjoy it.

Also if you're getting Kid Icarus, I really recommend getting a new instead of a used one. It comes packaged with a stand for the 3DS which makes it easier to play, particularly if you're left-handed like me (The default mode is geared to right-handed players) plus the XL 3DS just gets heavy after a while :lol:

7. Robellious

Animal Crossing new leaf.
    You need this game.

8. thatoneguy81

The following games are amazing
    Animal crossing new leaf
    New super mario bros 2
    Super mario 3d land
    Pokemon mystery dungeon gates to infinity
    Mario kart 7

As you can see I'm a Nintendo fan... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Abbra

If you are into life simulation, I suggest, as many others have, Animal Crossing New Leaf. However, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning is also very good if you are interested in that particular genre. I've also heard good things about Luigi's Mansion and Kid Icarus.

10. UndercoverGypsy

Isn't a sequel to Link to the Past coming out soon? Oh, and Pokemon X/Y (can't forget that)!

Edit: forgot to mention, I would highly recommend investing in a flashcard. They let you put all sorts of DS games onto one console. They're great. I use a SuperCard DSTwo (probably the highest end one), but there are other cards like and r4. Just something to consider (it's not a cheap investment).

#10 UndercoverGypsy, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  11. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They also don't work in any 3DS and are, y'know, illegal.

As for 3DS games, I've gotten the most value and entertainment out of the following:
    • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    • Super Mario 3D Land
    • Style Savvy: Trendsetters
    • Fire Emblem: Awakening
    • Kid Icarus: Uprising
    • Shin Megami Tensei IV
    • Etrian Odyssey IV

Style Savvy may seem like a bare-bones girly game meant as crap that drums up a paltry amount of money but it's actually a deep business simulation with some amazing fashion. If you can look past the semi-cutesy exterior there is a ton of fun to be had.