1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony PSP systems

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dustin Broke, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

I talked to Sony support team and asked if Sony PSP 3000 is still supported and they said it is and even the 1000 is. Now my question is that does Sony still make a lot of new UMD games for PSP systems today. I got a used Sony PSP 3000 and just wanted to know if Sony still makes new games for it. I know the Vita came out but was still wondering if Sony still makes new games for the PSP series since they support them.

2. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Not that I know of..
    There might be a few coming out, but I doubt it. When a new system comes out, game companies abandon old ones.

3. jp97

I think the only reason they still support normal psps is that since the vita was recently released there are still a lot of people own them they probably will stop supporting them when they believe the majority owns vita or will have something to fall back on if the vita does not do so well.

4. ScatteredEarth

Gonna be the third 15 year old to say something apparently... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyway, the PSP generally never got that many games aside from a few good ones like the GTA stories, but as of late, I do not believe that any company currently develops on the PSP. They all pretty much have their hands tied with a 3DS in one hand and a PSVita in the other.

5. FreeFlow9917

Japan does make a lot of umds

6. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Well do you guys think Vita is doing well and people are getting that more than the original PSP's? Or is the original PSP's still really good and a lot will play games on it for a long time?

7. ScatteredEarth

I think everyone will inevitably move to the Vita from either some kick ass games being made on it, or Sony lowering the price to a point where you'd be down right retarded to not buy it like they did with the PS3 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: