1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civilization 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GrandSummoner, Jul 11, 2013.

1. GrandSummoner

With Brave New World's international release just around the corner, I'm curious about other people's favorite civs and victory conditions.

My personal favorite is Polynesia, and my favorite victory is via culture, at least the concept of it, but culture victories are dull in vanilla civ and G+K. Hopefully that'll change in BNW, and I can use Polynesia at their full potential.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is already another Civ thread, but I guess we could use one for V specifically. :grin:

My Civ V isn't working right now though!!! :tears: It always crashes due to some sort of DX11 error, and no amount of updates and restarts will fix it. I might have to reinstall, but I worry for my mods and save game.

Tragedies aside, I like playing with quite a few different nations. I'm on my second playthrough with Japan, though, because of their BADASS military bonus (units fight at full strength even when wounded) and because Japan's just awesome. I also like China for their easy production of Great Generals, and Russia because they get double strategic resources. <<That makes an enormous difference in the late game, where he who has the most Uranium is the most dominant militarily.

If you can't tell already, I tend towards military playstyle XD. Although I've only gotten a domination victory once, actually. I usually try for a science victory, and having a large army is just necessary for protection. What always happens is that one state ends up taking over an entire continent, and I on the other one have to literally take over the world if I want to defeat them.

3. Sardonic

I always go for science or culture victories. However, if I find myself under military pressure, I will gear up and start to focus military, at which point the productivity of my cities & more advanced units provides a huge edge.

On the note of favorite CIVs, I love Russia. Their double resources is so useful, and the extra production boost from them is killer early-game.

I also enjoy Greece and Siam, I'm a huge fan of city-states... so yeah.

#3 Sardonic, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  4. Sardonic

Just played a great game of Civ, 5 difficulty (King) as the Persians, on Japanese Mainland (I got put on that small northern island). The Golden Age that never ends: [​IMG]

5. ANightDude

So what do we all think of Brave New World? :slight_smile:

My first thought was that getting gold is freaking hard now. They removed gold from river and coastal tiles, so you have to use trade routes now.

6. CTJ

CTJ

Ive only played BNW for a couple of hours and im just trying to get to grips with the new mechanics. I went for Morocco because of their trade route bonus, the first thing i've noticed is that i may be the richest civ but all the AI seems to be going for is cultural. I've had all wonders snatched from under me apart from the Pyramids and they were all ones to boost culture.