1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World of Warcraft?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by KiddlesP, Jul 25, 2013.

1. KiddlesP

Does anyone play the game? What is your favourite class?

2. Hrantou

I used to, until very recently when money became an issue. When I did I was maining a druid and paladin, one boomkin and the other holy. Wyrmrest Accord server pride! :grin:

3. lukeluvznicki13

I use to play WOW. Now I don't have much time. I enjoyed being a Warlock or a Hunter. Favourite race was Tauren most of the time.

4. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to play until I went crazy and smashed my computer with a sledge hammer... not one of my finer moments.

I liked my Monk and Rogue. There's something about the combo point system I like.

5. ScatteredEarth

I played once. It was this after school program that the school was running for certain kids. I originally wasn't supposed to be there, but my friend had some pretty weird connections and pulled some strings to get me in.

I don't really remember what I was.. But I was like level 20 and I got this cool white cat as a mount. It was pretty fun at points. I remember accessing it at home even though they told us not to. They even typed in the passwords for us, but these teachers typed slow as balls and anyone with a brain could have told what the password was.

6. bethpurple

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I played the free trial a couple years ago, I played a paladin until level 20, the limit of the trial. My computer is old, I was getting 15 fps at best, and I don't have much money, so I never did more than the trial.

7. KiddlesP

I have never heard of teachers endorsing WoW... a frightening world we must live in.

8. lukeluvznicki13

lol i can imagine these 40 year old teachers being pros at WoW xD

9. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Big time WoW nerd here. I had to quite serious raiding and now I usually only pvp from time to time with low level characters.

Favorite class has to be Disc priests and resto druids. They just fit my playing style perfectly.

10. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a "friend" who played WoW at one point (I think he still does). He was so into it and got his only 2 friends to try it out, me being one of them. However, money issues became a problem. The other friend, poor as he was, could get permission from his parents to do the monthly payment, while I couldn't. I had told him that many times, but nonetheless, I was still pressured to the point of taking my mom's card under his manipulation and persuasion. "It won't be illegal" It wasn't until the card was out and on the counter, that I declared his bullshit and left it there. So on top of all the lies and boring times I'd gone to his house (because he'd be playing WoW and I'd be watching EVERY SINGLE TIME not to mention his negative comments about what I would be doing otherwise), instead of a straw breaking the camel's back, it was a fucking boulder.

My trust in him completely went away, and I had no desire to talk with him again. That was until we had a year-long feud.

He told another person he'd "befriended" about "another friend" who had previously been friends with him that went on the bus with him. I immediately knew he was referring to me. So while I was trying to sleep, I ended up eavesdropping on a conversation that ended with "So we stopped being friends because he wouldn't sit with me on the bus"

Now, I know from reliable sources that he's LGBT and still in denial. If he ever finds this post, he should know that I call bullshit. I stopped being friends because:

1. Nearly everything that came out of his mouth was a lie
    2. Every time I spent with him left me feeling more lonely than I ever was
    3. He persuaded me to attempt identity theft (which I never went through with)
    4. He discriminated the only 2 friends he had, especially me because I was a "n00b" despite the fact that I never had permission to begin with and I'd told him that on multiple occasions
    5. During our feud, he had the nerve to call me butthurt. While that may still be true, I'd think blatant manipulation would be a perfectly good reason to be "butthurt" about something.

So when I say I lost a friend to World of Warcraft, I truly mean it. This was a friend who could have been a really cool person, but decided that video games were much more important than the people he wants to call his friends. While video games are a pretty good outlet for FINDING friends, they should never, EVER hold a higher priority, especially as near as high the priority that he held them vs. actual people.

As for the game itself, I wanted to play. I did. It looked really cool and really fun. But the community as well as the aforementioned are the reasons why I have absolutely no desire to play it anymore.

11. Jamilynn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yep, I used to play World of Warcraft, a lot. Haven't played for years but I had a human warlock, a draenei hunter and a blood elf mage. (Yeah I played on both sides lol) Call it strange but that game brings back lots of memories of how my life was at the time. The game was fun and relaxing to me, I could really get into it, and I love games with a good storyline where I feel emersed in the world. I also loved the music. I doubt I'll ever play again but I had fun when I did :slight_smile:

12. KiddlesP

Thank you for sharing my friend.

13. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yeah I play it. My current favourite class is definitely my brewmaster monk, it sure is fun to see over 1000k DPS as tank in HoF, although apparently they're nerfing vengeance soon so I guess I'll be saying bye bye to that.

Also got 4 other 90s but I'm bored of most of them. Although my resto druid is my second most played class.

Currently on Hellfire server, because it used to be a high populated server back in WotLK which is when I played. I came back in MoP after a 3 year break, and found the server basically dead. They're adding virtual servers next patch and cross-realm ToT though so I wont be needing to move.

All the best.

14. UndercoverGypsy

I played it for three days or so and then realized I should stop before the addiction kicked in. Seemed fun, though.

15. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Excellent point. I worry when I hear about people playing it 8 hours a day, and longer.

Something needs to be done to rouse them from their mother's basements, at least after age 30!

To be honest, the game kinda weirds me out, how addicted people seem to get to it, to the point they don't get enough exercise, go out and do stuff with friends, and fall into a kind of abyss.