1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Sims version do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MtnFr3sh, Jul 28, 2013.

?

Which Sims version do you prefer? Includes expansion ppacks

1. Sims 1 + expansions

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. Sims 2 + expansions

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Sims 3 + expansions

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Probably going to like Sims 4 more than the others

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I recently heard about a Sims 4 being released sometime, I don't know when, but I would like to know which version do you like the most? This includes their corresponding expansion packs.
    I personally prefer Sims 2, Sims 3 is a bit more complex, I liked how each household could age individually and such.

2. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm more inclined to Sims 3, because that's my first Sims experience.
    But I've seen people play 2 and that one looks good (if not better).

3. Oxelotl

Okay I've only played the first two Sims Games, never got around to play three. However I still have my strongest, absolute strongest memories playing the First Sims games, and all it's expansions. But that's probably just me.

4. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Sims 2 + expansions definitely.

I loved the original The Sims, though it was definitely limited. (Children couldn't grow up or anything, so you couldn't have generations and genetics and all that, which is one of my favorite parts of storytelling in my mind). Plus I was too young to really enjoy it when it came out.

The Sims 2 basically expanded and improved upon everything from the original game. I loved it when I got it and quickly snatched up every expansion pack.

Although I didn't get all the "Stuff Packs", only a few when they were on sale, spending full price just for some stuff didn't sit right with me- and it was a warning sign of what was to come with Sims 3.

The Sims 3 I was so excited for, but it was a major disappointment. It came out around my birthday, I got the Collector's Edition with the plumbob USB drive, and I couldn't wait to start the game, but meh...it had so few items and features, the game was deliberately crippled so that EA could sell you all overpriced items on its new online store. Also it was filled with bugs. And nice polished little touches from Sims 2 were missing, like animations for opening car doors (in Sims 3 people just magically teleported into the cars) that just screamed a cheap moneymaking scheme by EA. I uninstalled it and never played it again, got zero expansion expansion packs.

Reminded me of my experience with SimCity Societies and Spore, other EA disasters that really really made me yearn for the old Maxis and Will Wright.

5. AmericnPrincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sims 2 and 3 both have pros and cons. 2 had some features that I would have loved to be on 3, overall it's the sims 3 for me. I love playing with life :slight_smile:

#5 AmericnPrincess, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  6. Ridiculous

Well I'm glad I never played 3 now!

Nostalgia factor makes me want to say I enjoyed the first one the most (three particular houses have such happy memories for me: Bob and Betty Newbie's house, the empty house at 10 Sim Lane, and one house I built myself which was just one guy living in a tiny room with a massive outdoors area with tacky tiki theming where he would throw a party literally every day).

Reason makes me realise that the sequel was far better.

7. Stripe101

I use to watch my sister play the first 2 on Gamecube. I hated it. But that was years ago. maybe I'll play one of them. I have the first one for PS2. I'll try that.

8. lukeluvznicki13

I don't want the sims 4 to come out just yet!
    I think that sims 3 still has lots of potential and it should get many more add ons.

9. Northern

I play Sims 3 almost everyday hehe (don't judge)

I don't want Sims 4 to come along because I already FAR too much on Sims 3, so when Sims 4 comes around it better give me everything I want, including my own rainbow machine that shoots out cupcakes.

10. Yougoglencoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Even though I don'y have it installed I prefer TS2 over TS3, There was so much i loved about 2 and the expansions all felt so whole and complete and were just fun, but with 3 they've just been getting lazy and piece-mealing buggy content to us