1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Bug

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zaio, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Haha, okay so, the title is actually not a joke at all. Somehow, there is an INSECT inside my computer screen. If I open a (mostly) white page like google, you can see it moving around inside my computer screen, I measured it while it was resting and it's 0.1cm length, but it's irritating because during the day it wont stop moving around my screen.

Is there any way to get it out? And how the fuck did it get inside my computer screen? Any way to prevent this in the future? (Doubt it'll happen again seeing as this is the first time I've ever seen this happen to anybody, but just in case).

All the best.

2. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No idea what to do, but I've seen this problem before. Years back, I picked up an old laptop in a thrift store to play with, and discovered there was bug in the screen. At least it was dead. Although it was still creepy looking--partly because it was pretty big. Much bigger than yours.

3. altcipher

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First off, I have to say that I find this absolutely hilarious :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

What kind of monitor is it? I'm guessing LCD right? Laptop or desktop? Try to like describe the monitor the best you can. You could take it apart, but if its actually like inside the layers of the screen, that's a lot of taking apart... My first thought would be to be lazy and wait for it to die and see if you can get it to fall down far enough or something XD Maybe someone else will have a better answer...

4. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yeah it's an LCD desktop monitor. Not really sure what to describe, it's just a large, thin LCD monitor. I'm not really sure I'm comfortable taking it apart in case I damage something. When it dies, will it fall down then? Because it sure can move fine inside but when it's resting I cant get it to drop at all :/

All the best.

5. altcipher

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

If you can't get it to fall when its resting than idk, I just thought because you said it could move around fine. Hopefully if it dies it will like not cling as well??? Other than this or taking it apart, which might not be the best option either it sounds like, I really can't think of anything. If it is an expensive enough monitor maybe try and take it to some repair place or contact the manufacturer? :help:

6. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yeah that confuses me too, it moves around by itself fine but I cant get it to drop by shaking the screen or anything, I'd rather not have to take it to a repair shop but I suppose I wont have a choice if it doesn't drop soon, because it's irritating... Sure will be awkward to go into a repair shop and say I have a literal computer bug :lol:

All the best.

7. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well there is the story that earliest computer bugs were actually insects that would cause a computer malfunction. (This would have 50+ years ago, when computers were huge.) This may not be true, because the use of bug in this context appears to have existed before computers. (http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/words/was-the-first-computer-bug-a-real-insect) However, despite this, I would imagine bugs could have been a real problem the early days of computers. At least they didn't have to deal with Windows back then...

8. UndercoverGypsy

Yeah, the story is that a bug got stuck inside Grace Hopper's computer, and that's how this whole thing came to be.

Zaio, getting inside a monitor is a bitch. If you can, try to get it replaced... Or repaired.

9. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Well my monitor is pretty new and expensive UndercoverGypsy, so I really don't want to get it replaced, so I suppose I'd have to get it repaired, I'm just going to leave it about a month or so though and try to get it to drop, if it doesn't then I suppose I'll have a go at it myself if I can, otherwise I'll have to pay to have the bug removed.

I really want to know how the hell it got in there though because my monitor is completely sealed, I cant see any possible entrance for a bug to get in lol... If only a small spider could find the entrance, kill it and get out :lol:

Thanks for the help anyway guys :slight_smile: