1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High end Logitech speakers

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dustin Broke, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

I also have a set of Logitech Z623 PC speakers but are these great speakers also? I do think they have great low bass from the sub and you can really feel it shake. Also the mids and highs are good as well but just wondered if others think these are great speakers also.

2. lukeluvznicki13

3. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

What's wot mean? I don't see it in the dictionary.

4. RainbowMan

like huh?

I checked on Amazon and reviews seem favorable for mid-range speakers. I don't own a set though

5. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Well I thought they are high end PC speakers since they normally cost around $150. I thought mid range speakers would be like the Z523 since those are $100. The Z623 is THX certified speakers. They should be like one of the top of the line PC speakers.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    wot = wat :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I never thought of Logitech as being in the high-end range for any audio equipment.

7. RainbowMan

really high-end stuff will cost like $500 or so.

The question is: do they meet YOUR needs? It doesn't really matter if there are better speakers out there or not if these are fine to you.

8. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Well I thought for computer speakers around $150 is high end stuff. You can't compare them to home audio systems since those will always cost more since they have more power but for computer speakers aren't the Z623 high end? Everyone other PC speakers I seen are a lot lower than $150. The ones that are $150 range are very high end. PC speakers are different from home audio or so so you can't really compare to them.

9. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Actually I do see the ones that are like 7.1 ch or 5.1 ch type PC speakers and that are THX certified also but yes those are like around $400 or so but for a 2.1 ch $150 PC speakers are high end. I don't need those surround sound speakers since my notebook isn't capeable of doing surround sound. But ya I think for PC 2.1 type system mine are high end. They are 200 watts RMS which is really loud for PC speakers that is a 2.1 ch.

10. BlueLines

Computer speakers are just like any other speakers out there, I have a Hi-Fi set hooked up to my computer. Just like I have seen some people use "computer speakers" for home surround sound systems. I think it's mostly about finding a set you like at a price thats affordable.

11. Praetor

Well, it really depends what you want.

If you're serious about your music, and audio quality, typical computer speakers (even so called "higher end" models) will not cut it.

I use 2 monitor speakers, linked to the back of my computer. Monitor speakers are professional, music-producing speakers meant to give a flat sound - what that means is that the different frequency bands that make up the diverse frequency range of sound will not be unequal, giving a more honest sound.

I got two of these, as they were a great value for the money. These of course are the lower entry-level models, but they still beat typical computer speakers.
    ROKIT 6 Studio Monitors Speaker KRK SYSTEMS

For monitor speakers the bass is actually quite nice. The mid and highs are distinct to my ear at least. I actually replaced a Bose setup, which I absolutely could not stand as they were gimmicky and overpriced, the quality was laughable. Whatever you get, never go with Bose, please.

12. RainbowMan

I'll second this. I wonder how they've managed to maintain a brand, honestly.

13. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not a fan of Bose. But I guess I can understand some reasons why they have done well.

They have good marketing. They've done a much better job of marketing to the mass market than just about any audiophile approved company. In fact, because they are about the only ones who advertise in major magazines, many normal people might not even be aware there are other brands out there.

Also they have "real world" friendly products, like itsy-bitsy speaker with subwoofer systems. While such designs have real world challenges with setup, they sound like a dream come true for those who do not wish their living room to be turned into an audio show room.

Also their regular speakers are supposedly easy to drive, and forgiving of less than optimal upstream components.